PDA

View Full Version : What if carvewright goes under?

CW-HAL9000
12-29-2012, 12:50 PM
Carvewright has been out of stock of a lot of basic items lately and I was thinking what if the company goes under? Everything is proprietary the bits, parts, the software and patterns are all licensed and run by the company. We would really be stuck if the company went out of business. I love my machine but I am getting nervous. I need motor brushes soon and probably bearings and they are out of stock.

Digitalwoodshop
12-29-2012, 01:49 PM
When LHR changed some policies over the last few years that was costing US as users a little bit more money... I would reply to the posts with comments to the effect of.... "I would rather see them be successful by charging slightly more than to GO OUT OF Business..."

I too hope they stay in Business... I was shocked to read in my local newspaper today that my local Dentist Office was bought out by the BIG Dentist Office in town... On a single visit to the Big Guy got a HARD SELL of Thousands of Dollars of work that they recommended.... Many friends said the same thing happened to them too... My local office had consolidated 2 offices into 1 and it was a 45 min drive... One that I willingly made later as I liked the local service better than the Hard Sell.... And they had the latest tools too...

This post my dissapear... But I hope LHR has another GREAT YEAR in 2013.

AL

b.sumner47
12-30-2012, 01:02 PM
This type of situation happened back in early 2007 when there was a problem with a supplier for the memory cards. It took a little longer than normal, and here we are, 2013, still talking on the Forum. Icarver, if you need brushes PM me, I have an extra set.

Capt Barry

CW-HAL9000
12-30-2012, 01:55 PM
Thanks capt B I don't need them right away I still have about 50 carving hours before I hit my 250 hour maintenance.

lynnfrwd
12-30-2012, 02:07 PM
We made it through the last four years and unless 1/2 this nation goes under through the next four, I think we will be just fine. We have cut back on staff to bare bones, so if we don't answer immediately, that's why. It's been that way for the last two at least. As far as parts go, we do sometimes have trouble getting them when we want them, but it is not a money issue. You might all remember, we put parts online and have had several recent sales on bits. How many of you stocked up? Had one customer order 12 sets of brushes. That's just one item from one customer on one order. The # of CW customers active on this forum represents only about 5 to maybe 10% of our customers. Do the math.

I keep saying I'm going to stop looking at this thing on my days off. Really aggravating!

Let's look back at this conversation 4 more years from now. Provided I can keep my blood pressure under control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fwharris
12-30-2012, 05:21 PM
We made it through the last four years and unless 1/2 this nation goes under through the next four, I think we will be just fine. We have cut back on staff to bare bones, so if we don't answer immediately, that's why. It's been that way for the last two at least. As far as parts go, we do sometimes have trouble getting them when we want them, but it is not a money issue. You might all remember, we put parts online and have had several recent sales on bits. How many of you stocked up? Had one customer order 12 sets of brushes. That's just one item from one customer on one order. The # of CW customers active on this forum represents only about 5 to maybe 10% of our customers. Do the math.

I keep saying I'm going to stop looking at this thing on my days off. Really aggravating!

Let's look back at this conversation 4 more years from now. Provided I can keep my blood pressure under control.

Connie,

I was guessing that with the new on line store there might have been a bigger rush than normal for items we all normally try to have on hand. Of course it does not help when someone does as you said about 12 sets of motor brushes or other like items.
Do you have a calculated guess when some items might be back in stock? I do have a want/need list started with some items that are in stock but also a few that are not (motor brusher, board sensor).

Side note!! I do appreciate your attention to the forum on your OFF HOURS and know that when some topics get brought back up you get that OH NO NOT AGAIN feeling, me to at times with others oh boy lets go!!! :) Put your phone down, take the rest of the weekend off and enjoy!!! Besides Jeff just stopped in and closed the door on the HOT TOPIC of the weekend!!! :twisted:

b.sumner47
12-30-2012, 10:33 PM
Connie, I was just saying that we had a small problem in 2007 and we are still making sawdust in 2013. Great Company !!!

Capt Barry

Old Salt
12-31-2012, 08:00 AM
I,m not concerned about them going out of the market I"m more concerned about them selling out to larger Co and the prices going for the parts and C/W going up to market prices.
The first 5 years of any new Co is the worst , they are past that and still doing fine .
I wish them the best of luck and know the price of every thing will go up in the future.

Have a great New Year.

Gary

Dodadd1
12-31-2012, 10:56 AM
I just ordered a new machine yesterday so maybe that will help

cestout
12-31-2012, 06:16 PM
If you are still looking Connie, Happy New Year - go back to your partying.
Clint

eelamb
12-31-2012, 07:47 PM
Want to say something on this post. It is year end, all manufacturers and supplier are selling out their inventory so they are not taxed on it. So non inventory on LHR part or the ability for LHR to get new stock is just the way business is at this time of the year, and good business sense.

Happy New Year everyone. LHR will be here next year, just as strong or stronger.

lynnfrwd
12-31-2012, 08:01 PM
I understand our next container arrives in port tomorrow and we should get new items after they go through customs. :)

Happy New Years all!

Here's goodbye to 2012 and wishing you a happy, healthy and prosperous 2013.

Now, go carve something!!

Bigtyme
12-31-2012, 08:08 PM
Thank you Connie.... Same to you and yours... I know LHR will be strong in 2013....

TerryT
12-31-2012, 10:13 PM
I understand our next container arrives in port tomorrow and we should get new items after they go through customs. :)

Happy New Years all!

Here's goodbye to 2012 and wishing you a happy, healthy and prosperous 2013.

Now, go carve something!!

Happy new year to you Connie. Thanks for all you do for us. I hope Carvewright appreciates you as much as we do on the forum.

lynnfrwd
01-01-2013, 12:34 AM
You guys mean so much to me. Goodnight and Happy New Year!!

ktjwilliams
01-01-2013, 09:09 AM
Happy New Year CONNIE !!! We Luv You !!!!

easybuilt
01-01-2013, 11:08 AM
Thanks for ALL YOU do for us Connie! Have an awesome 2013!

b.sumner47
01-01-2013, 11:59 AM
Thank You, Connie. You are our friend as well. Happy New Year ! 2013

Capt Barry

bjbethke
01-01-2013, 03:00 PM
That would be a bad deal, unless LHR sells there CarveWright ("Rights") If your Hard Drive fails, there would no way to use the CW Designer program. That would be lots of useless CW units.