PDA

View Full Version : Color to Text

JuicyCarp
12-29-2012, 08:50 AM
Good morning gents! I am expecting my machine today, cleaned the garage just for the occassion! But in the mean time i have been playing with the trial software and would like to know if you can add color to your text, I cant find any way to do it. I know the machine obviously doesnt carve text, but when it comes to visualizing the layout of a finished product, particularly signs, I can see a lot of benefit to adding color in the design software!

Kevin

eelamb
12-29-2012, 09:15 AM
Kevin there is no way to add color to the text in the software.

Canemaker
12-29-2012, 01:28 PM
Yes, that is true there is no way to add color, but you are misinformed about the machine (as you refer to it) it does an excellent job at carving text. Once you begin to play with the software you will learn how to use the draft and feather tools to make outstanding text carvings as well as the use of center line text with another excellent benefit.

JuicyCarp
12-29-2012, 01:46 PM
lol, I meant to say the machine obviously doesnt carve COLOR! Of course it carves text, my bad!

ladjr
12-29-2012, 02:00 PM
Wouldn't that be cool if it could carve color. We wouldn't have to paint.

Leo
Life is to short carve something today

Capt Bruce
12-29-2012, 02:13 PM
Best suggestion I can provide is to make a screen shot of your planned carving in Designer using a tool like SnagIt or the Windows capture utility "Snipping Tool" and then save it to a PNG file. Take that into another paint program and add the desired color to the letters with a color pallete and a fill tool to see what you (or your customer) would like. This has saved me several re-dos when customers changed their minds after seeing red versus blue letters on a natural wood background.
Again, just a suggestion.

Carl H
12-29-2012, 05:57 PM
Wouldn't that be cool if it could carve color. We wouldn't have to paint.

Leo
That would be an awesome third party accessory. I can imagine something like an inkjet printer that could be attached to a shoe on the carving spindle.
Run the project with centerline text and when the machine asks to have the V bit installed, you could mount some sort of trigger for a paint head.

ladjr
12-29-2012, 06:56 PM
Something like the new dust shoe they are working on. There we have it figured out how to carve colors.

Leo