PDA

View Full Version : New machine owner

fireguybl
12-28-2012, 11:33 PM
Just wanted to Hi. I just got my new Series C CarveWright last Friday. Might have gone overboard but for the price I ordered the Ultimate Package. Been playing with the project designer software and following suggested tutitorials. My experience so for with LHR has been great, hoping my two backordered bits come in soon. Any and all advice would be great, hope to be making wood chips soon.

fwharris
12-28-2012, 11:58 PM
Welcome!!! Great job on viewing the tutorials and while at it make sure you read over the tips and tricks. Both will be very helpful in getting you started in making some chips!

ladjr
12-29-2012, 01:57 AM
Welcome to the forum. There are a lot of great people here who are always willing to help. Good luck with your carving and please post your projects on the forum.

Leo
Life is to short carve something today

Digitalwoodshop
12-29-2012, 02:10 PM
Welcome to the Forum and Congratulations on buying the CW System....

Please take the time to read Tips and Tricks on the LHR site. Many Pilot Errors are talked about with great suggestions, many written by US as a Community. We were all new once....

Are you a Fireman? I use my CW to make Accountability Tags.

AL

fireguybl
12-29-2012, 10:46 PM
Yes, I'm entering my 11th year as a Volunteer Fire Fighter. Sit every night and read from the forum, have read many of the tips and tricks even printed out a few for reference later.

lawrence
12-29-2012, 11:45 PM
Welcome!!!

I know this will sound strange, but even though you bought the whole shebang, start out basic-- make your first carve a simple raster carve in the center of a board that is plenty long enough to give you the 3.5 inches on both ends of the carve and has plenty of room on both sides of center without a carve.

As an example, here is my first carve
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u313/ldr_klr/Carvewright/DSCF0064Small-1.jpg

As your skills advance, you will start using some of the cool toys (centerline, dxf, stl etc) and because you already have a knowledge of the basics and will be able to use your already built knowledge to troubleshoot and create great stuff.

I hope you will allow us to join with you on this new adventure- we're here to help, advise, console, and celebrate with you and your uses of your carvewright.

Welcome again,
Lawrence

Capt Bruce
12-30-2012, 09:32 AM
Welcome aboard the Forum. Always good to have another First Responder with us. As your new colleagues above have noted we're all here to share the craft and offer any assistance we can provide to help you enjoy the CW and celebrate what you learn to make. Again welcome to the Forum.

fireguybl
01-19-2013, 08:49 PM
1. When I ordered my CW two bits where backordered I have emailed asking when I can expect to recieve them but as of yet have got no reply as of yet.

2. When I go to order patterns from the pattern depot, do I have to pay for each one by it's self or can I order several and pay for all at once?

Finally got to use my machine; did the Mantel clock project turned out great. Dad decided that since it took so long to do just one carving that I needed two more machines. Should be getting them in next week sometime.
Any help with my two questions would sure help, Thanks

Digitalwoodshop
01-19-2013, 08:54 PM
1. When I ordered my CW two bits where backordered I have emailed asking when I can expect to recieve them but as of yet have got no reply as of yet.

2. When I go to order patterns from the pattern depot, do I have to pay for each one by it's self or can I order several and pay for all at once?

Finally got to use my machine; did the Mantel clock project turned out great. Dad decided that since it took so long to do just one carving that I needed two more machines. Should be getting them in next week sometime.
Any help with my two questions would sure help, Thanks

I like the way YOU and DAD Think !!!!!!

Good Luck,

AL

chief2007
01-19-2013, 08:56 PM
Just give LHR a call Monday or Tuesday, not sure if they are open Monday since it is a Fed Holiday.
They can give you a status.

Patterns you can buy all at once, but you have to activate the license for each one separate.

fireguybl
01-20-2013, 06:05 AM
Thanks Chief I'll do that. Dad is retired Chief Master Sergent USAF in '75.

fireguybl
02-08-2013, 08:12 PM
Well got my other two C version machines in, got all three set up and test ran. Took some stick on numbers and labeled each one so I know which one I got first and so on. Saturday went to set up #2 and got a board sensor failure, printed out the truoble shooting page from manual and did the checks all failed, called CW and now waiting for new sensor to come in. Thanks once again to Lawrence for the help with the splitting a pattern question, the link for tips and tricks page helped(yep printed it out)