PDA

View Full Version : software help

cnccarver
02-02-2007, 09:17 PM
I downloaded your software and was trying to create a ring with three high and low points. like a roller coaster type of thing on the ring. Also can the software be purchsed or a longer time period granted to practice with it till I buy a machine>

BoardSilly
02-03-2007, 01:09 AM
Just like with the ShopBot and other CNC's, you are best off using your graphics software to create your carving's with. You can use Jpg's, BMP's, PNG's and others to import into the Designer for carving. Each will require editing and fixing up in a graphics program to get the carve you want. If you want really nice 3D carves, you can use RLF files and save them to JPG format. Thats what I do for really smooth and precise carvings.

fg9074
02-03-2007, 07:35 AM
what is an RLF file

BobHill
02-03-2007, 09:03 AM
"The first step to creating and machining a 3D relief using ArtCAM is getting the geometry file into the ArtCAM software. Because we have built the file in a CAD system, such as MicroStation, AutoCAD, formZ, or something similar, we must pass through some more general translation formats to get the geometry into a machinable state." http://www.arch.virginia.edu/arch549/handouts/artsurface.html

Bob