PDA

View Full Version : Just a tiny sample of what was ordered this Christmas.

TerryT
12-23-2012, 05:14 PM
There were dozens and dozens of orders. In fact by December 6th I put a notice on our Unique gifts of wood Website that the orders beyond that date may not be in time for Christmas. Our usual, comfortable 7 to 10 days had grown to a rushed 10 to 12 day turn around due to the volume of orders. But the orders still came in. Infact I still have five in the shop that haven't shipped yet, but the customers knew they wouldn't get them in time and they still wanted to go ahead with the orders.

We had clocks, recipe boxes, jewelry boxes, signs, tea boxes, cribbage boards and other items ordered. It was a busy Christmas rush indeed.

Here are just a few.
A proud grandmother ordered;

PRO WEST RODEO BAREBACK CHAMPION didn't get a picture of that before it left the shop. He is left handed and the rider on the clock had to be also. Made from Cherry
NJRA CALF ROPING CHAMPION year end 2012 Made in rustic pine
and their sister who is an accomplished barrel racer. She prefered Black Walnlut. Lots of military gifts also.

Bigtyme
12-23-2012, 05:48 PM
They are some great looking projects, Terry and I am glad your shop was busy. Sounds like it is going to continue that way for awhile and that is a good thing. I have a similiar problem but with some larger furniture projects. The final finish is drying tonight on a dresser and 2 nightstands to go with the elevated fort bed I finished earlier this week. I still have a number of carvings to do, but they are to be given out later this week, so I will have some more time soon..

TerryT
12-23-2012, 06:21 PM
Glad to hear it John! It looks as though the economy is improving in spite of the help the government is giving it. Either that or people are just tired of sitting on their hands and are deciding to get back to living anyway.

I just took a look at your website John... MY GOSH you have some nice stuff!!

Bigtyme
12-23-2012, 06:32 PM
Thank you for the kind words, Terry. I have visited your site and would say the same thing about your projects. I also agree that I think the economy is getting better, but I think it may be because folks are tired of sitting on their hands...Let's hope it keeps up...
Merry Christmas...

easybuilt
12-23-2012, 09:32 PM
Beautiful Boards Terry, I am so glad you have been busy! You are very talented! Yes this year has been very good and orders keep coming in. Have a wonderful Christmas!

ladjr
12-23-2012, 10:01 PM
Glad to hear you Guys are doing fine. Best of luck in 2013

jaustin
12-23-2012, 10:45 PM
Looks good Terry =, I wish I could get my projects sanded as good as you do.

RogerB
12-24-2012, 06:46 AM
Looks great. Santa's helper has been bizzy as a Bumble Bee.

rcdages
12-24-2012, 07:32 AM
Terry,

How wonderful your project look.
Know that all your customers will be very pleased.

rcdages
12-24-2012, 07:33 AM
Hello John,

I took a look at your web site very nice.

lawrence
12-24-2012, 08:24 AM
First off, those are WONDERFUL carves. Secondly- your work on your website is TOP NOTCH indeed. It looks like I have another page to show off when folks ask me what kind of work can be done on the Carvewright!

Thanks for sharing,
Lawrence

mtylerfl
12-24-2012, 08:45 AM
Beautiful work, Terry! I especially love your finishes. Do you have any tips you can share for those of us that aspire to achieve smooth finishes as nice as yours? (I'm picturing numerous elves helping sand the items in the workshop!)

b.sumner47
12-24-2012, 10:53 AM
Way to go ! Out of the ballpark . You just do such beautiful work, a pleasure to the the eyes.

Capt Barry

chebytrk
12-24-2012, 11:44 AM
Home Run Terry!

SharonB
12-24-2012, 12:35 PM
Sounds like Wood Wisdom did a bumper crop business this season. Here's hoping you have a bigger and better business in 2013. Best wishes to you and yours this holiday season.

fwharris
12-24-2012, 01:56 PM
Terry,

Way to go!!! Fantastic job and very sure they will all be very glad to give and receive them all!!!

TerryT
12-24-2012, 04:15 PM
Sounds like Wood Wisdom did a bumper crop business this season. Here's hoping you have a bigger and better business in 2013. Best wishes to you and yours this holiday season.
Hi Sharon,
Wood Wisdom did set a record in sales this year. Our other busines "unique gifts of wood" was the one that got a little out of hand. It was almost like work, I couldn't keep up that kind of pace. I'm at a point were I like to move slowly and just keep busy.

TerryT
12-24-2012, 04:21 PM
Thanks for the kind words everyone. A once a year rush I guess I can handle but I wouldn't want it like that all the time. I am a little picky about the finish and I do have a great helper. She keeps me focused and organized, is a great painter and lets me hang around when ever I want.

Digitalwoodshop
12-24-2012, 06:18 PM
Excellent Work, GREAT Finish !!!!