PDA

View Full Version : help, I have three fingers above the waterline

aokweld101
12-22-2012, 11:55 AM
going on the forth, I have my cut motor out and did a continuity test and it didnt read... now what????

DocWheeler
12-22-2012, 12:34 PM
Sounds like either your brushes are too short, brush-cap not tight, or a wire is broken to me.
Brushes too short - worn out, wire too short, or brush somehow caught in the fixture.
Broken wire - probably not in the brush since the spring-wire should register continuity.

A little beyond my expertise, and not too easy, but if you could, check for continuity between the brushes (while in place).
Also, turn the motor-shaft with the meter attached to see if it is a winding in the armature.

gwhiz
12-22-2012, 12:49 PM
Everytime I've had a cut motor problem it's been the brushes. If you haven't checked them that's always the first place to go.

aokweld101
12-22-2012, 04:22 PM
well I found my problem, a wire in the cut motor had come off while I had it hanging waiting on my parts. but I will add that sometimes its the dumb things that you do that makes you smart.

ladjr
12-22-2012, 04:47 PM
well I found my problem, a wire in the cut motor had come off while I had it hanging waiting on my parts. but I will add that sometimes its the dumb things that you do that makes you smart.

That is so true.