PDA

View Full Version : Opening mpc files on Mac OS X

jakab
12-22-2012, 10:17 AM
Hi, I'm a new user. I've had my machine for a couple of weeks now and I'm still in a steep learning curve. The question I have is with opening mpc project file with the CarveWright software as it is called on the Mac (Designer in Windows).

I can certainly open mpc files from the application through the File -> Open dialogs. But when I try to setup my Mac to open on double clicking an mpc file on the finder it does not work.

I have, from the "Get info" dialog set a particular mpc file to open with CarveWright, but when hitting the "Change All" button to make alll mpc files open the same way I get an error (see below).

I have tried this on 2 different Macs with the same result. I'm running OS X 10.8.2. Any Mac users out there have tried to do this? I realize this could be an operating system peculiarity, or it could be something with the CarveWright application in how it presents itself to the operating system, or it could be something else completely.

Any help is appreciated. I'm certainly willing to try any ideas you might have, including calling CarveWright or Apple :D.

Thanks a lot for listening.

...Peter

Dale
12-22-2012, 10:41 AM
I am running OS X 10.7.5 and had the same problem that started after I updated Designer to 1.186. I lived with it for awhile then Apple came out with an update to the OS software and after I installed that the problem went away. Might want to check to see if your OS software is up to date.

Good luck

Dale

jakab
12-22-2012, 11:44 AM
Thanks Dale. Yes I am at the latest level of OS X, 10.8.2. Both my machines are at the same version.

I guess if it started happening to you after a Designer update, the problem could be with CarveWright after all, but then again if it went away with an OS X update that could indicate a Mac problem. Maybe I should call CarveWright after the Holidays and see if they can figure it out with their Mac developers.

...Peter

I am running OS X 10.7.5 and had the same problem that started after I updated Designer to 1.186. I lived with it for awhile then Apple came out with an update to the OS software and after I installed that the problem went away. Might want to check to see if your OS software is up to date.

Good luck

Dale