PDA

View Full Version : Tips on removing troublesome parts

Don1
12-20-2012, 07:24 PM
I had several issues, which I did some work arounds. Maybe known to most but unknown to others.
Taking off the top cover. There are two screws that are on each side that should one bumble and drop one putting it in, they will have a joyous time finding it, retrieving it, and re-inserting it. I used this small magnetic probe. (for impossible places) Ir will enable one to make about one revolution in putting the screw back in, but that's all you need to hold it in place. A 4 prong grabber would probably do just as well. You just need a tool to help with these screws.
Removing the CPU and/or power supply. Assuming that you are real concerned about getting everything back just like you found it after a couple of weeks or a month...has passed. Take pictures! When blown up, everything shows in detail. I was concerned about getting those two connections in the correct order. There are two different power supplies. The machine came with one, I got the other sent to me. If I ever have to identify it....
Everything is working correctly now.