PDA

View Full Version : RNB D/C insert

kennelmaster
12-20-2012, 06:58 PM
While performing routine cleaning and lubrication, I finally broke down and installed my RNB Dust Collection insert.

All I can say, echoing the advert, "It Sucks"! So happy to have it working. Not really "tuned" yet but a 2+ hour carve yielded a thimblefull of dust left behind.

What a great piece!

de pjs

fwharris
12-20-2012, 09:07 PM
While performing routine cleaning and lubrication, I finally broke down and installed my RNB Dust Collection insert.

All I can say, echoing the advert, "It Sucks"! So happy to have it working. Not really "tuned" yet but a 2+ hour carve yielded a thimblefull of dust left behind.

What a great piece!

de pjs

And I thank you sir!! What kind of tuning do you have in mind? For narrow boards I will often tape of the side not over the board...

kennelmaster
12-23-2012, 08:57 AM
For tuning, I mean the correct dust collection system. I'm just using a shop-vac right now. I have a "Cyclone" built but not hooked up. Stand alone, the RND D/C and shop vac work fine, although I realize it is not suggested. Waiting for the appropriate D/C system. That may wait until after a jointer.

I have no need to tune the RNB piece, it works perfect.

pjs

fwharris
12-23-2012, 09:53 AM
That makes sense, waiting to find the right one that will fit all of your shop needs!!!

Thanks!