PDA

View Full Version : A few of my first projects

radman5506
12-20-2012, 06:25 PM
Hello everyone I have really enjoyed reading the posts that you have made and the help I have gotten. This forum is such a treasure trove of information. Any way after creating a bit of sawdust, or would that be "carvewright" dust :-), I have included some of my projects. The first, the AMC logo did not carve to my satisfaction so I recreated it using the Design Software. I was much happier and the owner of the company was really happy. In the detail shot there is a missile that I got by using the "a" in a military font I have on my computer. I think it came with Corel Draw not sure. Now that I have some more experience I think using raster instead of centerline might have worked better. Any way the "MS Brown M&M was for my grandson's math teacher who always says "math & More" when she sees m&m candys. The Evans plague was for my sister in law who wanted to see how my Compucarve worked. The Deer and the Razerback "GO HOGS SOOIE!!!... sorry;), are for my daughters office Christmas Party. So Thanks and Merry Christmas!!!:)

kennelmaster
12-20-2012, 06:53 PM
Wow, good for you, what nice stuff. Fun, ain't it!

de pjs

dehrlich
12-20-2012, 07:02 PM
Good stuff, great job for first projects. One word of advice, be careful using logos, especially the Razorback one. They are very protective of it and at the very least you will get a nasty letter if they find out. Looks great though!

mercer57
12-20-2012, 07:03 PM
Nice work, Ain't carving fun?

easybuilt
12-20-2012, 11:12 PM
Thanks for posting your projects radman5506! You are doing a great job for starting with these. I look forward to seeing more from you. Merry Christmas!!

SharonB
12-21-2012, 12:29 AM
All great projects... the razerbacks came out exceptional well. Look forward to more of your posts in the new year.

henry1
12-21-2012, 06:18 AM
They are great keep it up

brdad
12-21-2012, 06:27 AM
Great first projects. My only question/fear is the spelling of Razerbacks. Shouldn't it be Razorbacks?

radman5506
12-21-2012, 06:39 AM
Thanks so much for your comments, I really am having fun. Any of you had the experience of going to bed after working with the Carvewright or perusing the Forum and wake up the next morning thinking "Yes I think I can do that!" Have not done that with something I enjoy in a long time.
My biggest problem so far is that I have a Computer Aided Drafting Degree (not that I used it much, working in Nuclear Power Industry paid More) and many things I am used to doing in CAD are not in the Design Software. But that is what the learning curve is for. The help on the forum is invaluable and I hope I can share some of my epiphanies with the group that will be beneficial.

radman5506
12-21-2012, 06:44 AM
Oops, good catch on that spelling brdad, silly computers always doing exactly what you tell them and not what you want them to do!!

radman5506
12-21-2012, 06:49 AM
That is what I am talking about wood workers helping woodworkers!

brdad
12-21-2012, 06:51 AM
Ya, that happens to me all to often, all this technology and yet they still can't make a computer do what you meant it to do.

As far as waking up the next morning after working on the CW, I am lucky if I can get to sleep many nights, especially when I am pondering the best way to do something.

Capt Bruce
12-21-2012, 07:02 AM
Very nice projects for some of your first work with the CarveWright. We have all learned to get over our former CAD routines but keep DFX import as a hip pocket tool when you want real precision. Well done