PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Y truck

tas
12-20-2012, 12:55 PM
Hi my problem is the Y trunk does not go all the way to the right and does not acttivate the paddle it stops about 2 inche from the end and then returns to the starting point I have tryed al the logical things and hace talked to the tecks at Carvewright but cant seem to get it right , can anybody out there help me ???
It is B machine purchased in 2009 and I don't have 40 hrs on it i have had quite a few problems with it but this has got me stumped I'm from Northern Ontario Canada and getting parts is a real hassel also are there any carvers in ontario would be great to hear from you

badbert
12-20-2012, 01:18 PM
Welcome to the forum! These guys will get you going in no time. Have you ever taken it apart and cleaned and lubed it? Check the wires for the cut motor under the cover. Unplug the power from the machine and see if you can physically move the y truck all the way. You should have some resistance. You are spinning the motor and gears. If you can't move it that far, then I would try eliminating the drive motor. You can loosen the screw holding the belt adjuster on the y rail. Pry it over just enough to get some slack and remove the belt from the tensioner pulley. After the belt is free, try moving the Y truck again. If it moves all the way now, the problem is in the drive. If it still won't go. the problem is in the bearings.

henry1
12-20-2012, 01:26 PM
badbert is right check the wire it should be tuck in

chief2007
12-20-2012, 02:22 PM
Along with checking the wires Clean and lube the y rails - check the Carvewright maintenance area - video on how to do that. Also clean the y roller bearings

tas
12-21-2012, 07:36 PM
Hi I've tried all the things mentioned and i am thinking it must be the drive
I'm leaving for Florida in Jan so i will buy a new machine down there and bring it back/// use this one for spare parts or something
as it has been a real lemon on the upside i sure am getting to know my machine ha ha
I am wondering if the programing could be my problem as everthing seems to work fine but the y trunk stops about 1 1/2 inches short on the right side when i run the y test, it also does a little dance at the start of the test All bearing are good and wires all seem to be good and tight

fwharris
12-21-2012, 08:05 PM
Have you checked the gears and bearing in the Y gear box?

Nick68
12-21-2012, 08:56 PM
Sounds like the little black or clear plastic dust cap on the back side of the z motor is hitting the dust collector that is built into the carvewright hood. Yes, there is or was a difference between the y motor dust cap and the z motor dust cap.
Or, maybe it was an intermentent difference. All I know is that I bought a referbed z motor one time back in 2010 and ran into tas's problem.
Marry Christmas