PDA

View Full Version : photo editing software?

jaustin
12-20-2012, 12:16 PM
was online and looking thru the college store (wife is a student) they have have photo editing software for pretty reasonable prices.
Corel® PaintShop™ Pro X4 $60
CorelDRAW® Graphics Suite X6 $95

Is there any certain software I should look and see if they have that would help in creating patterns?

keninar
12-20-2012, 02:33 PM
Suggestion would be to go with the Suite (which contains, among other apps, PhotoPaint and Draw. PhotoPaint is the corollary to Photoshop and Gimp and will allow you to manipulate the image as needed. Draw is the corollary to Illustrator - an excellent app to assemble various objects from which you can export to Photopaint - dress and blur, then import into designer. The Corel apps will not serve the same function as pattern designer - but as evidenced by many here - and awful lot can still be done with Draw and Photopaint.

At least that's my take after using the Corel products for the past 10-15 years. And your price is a good one.

Hope this helps.

ken

jaustin
12-20-2012, 04:41 PM
They have a bunch of different software. I these where examples. Is there any other software I should look for?

mathman
12-20-2012, 10:41 PM
Depending on your intended use, you might need to read the licensing agreement on software you find in university bookstores. A lot of those are 'academic' or 'personal use' copies and the licensing agreement explicitly addresses 'commercial use' as being a no-no. Just something to keep in mind...