PDA

View Full Version : Don't drink & drive

pkunk
12-19-2012, 08:52 PM
With the Holidays upon us I would like to share a personal experience with my friends about drinking and driving. As you may know some of us have been known to have brushes with the authorities from time to time on the way home after a "social session" out with friends.

Well two days ago I was out for an evening with friends and had several cocktails followed by some rather nice red wine. Feeling jolly I still had the sense to know that I may be slightly over the limit. That's when I did something that I've never done before - I took a cab home.

Sure enough on the way home there was a police road block but since it was a cab they waved it past. I arrived home safely without incident. This was a real surprise as I had never driven a cab before, I don't know where I got it and now that it's in my garage I don't know what to do with it. Any suggestions would be appreciated :D

unitedcases
12-19-2012, 09:19 PM
Probably not the safety talk I will give my jar heads before departing for the long weekend but an awesome story none the less.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

badbert
12-19-2012, 09:27 PM
Go pick up drunks!! LOL

lynnfrwd
12-19-2012, 10:03 PM
You had me with that one! Lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fwharris
12-19-2012, 10:28 PM
Great one Paul!! Had to read the last paragraph twice before is sunk in!!!

But yes a great wake up for those who do choose to imbibe during the holidays. Everyone be safe cause there are those out there who are not!!!

SharonB
12-20-2012, 01:16 AM
Sure made me chuckle when I read the last paragraph. Reminded me of a time when a couple of friends "used" a school bus to go from bar to bar (years and years ago)

mtylerfl
12-20-2012, 11:04 AM
Paul, that's great! I'm gonna 'borrow' that story. :D

Bigtyme
12-20-2012, 11:30 AM
Thanks for the laugh, Paul. It was really needed today. I can't pass the story on to too many of my buds...they would actually think of it as an opportunity....