PDA

View Full Version : Insert Object: Board

HandTurnedMaple
02-02-2007, 03:25 PM
Got that this morning. So after checking the forums, here is where I am at:

1) Cover off
2) Removed board sensor, and cleaned inside it (mostly cuz I didn't want to further damage it by pulling the plastic cover off until told to do so by Tech support).
3) Called Tech Support at 9:30 am, still waiting for return call (2:30 pm MST).
4) Sensor results: Homing Sensor Blocked (when all the way up) or Clear (when moved down slightly); Cover Switch Open; Front Roller Released; Rear Roller Released; Board Sensor 0 (even with finger test and cleaning).

pkunk
02-02-2007, 05:21 PM
Board sensor=brass roller left center. It should have an O-ring captive and be springy up-down. Most common problem is crowned or warped board causing the sensor to not maintain contact.

HandTurnedMaple
02-02-2007, 06:18 PM
I still get a 0 reading when messing around with the board tracking sensor you described.

But at least you responded. Which is more than I can say about Tech Support.

Ron Baird
02-02-2007, 06:44 PM
I presume you checked where the board sensor cable plugs in to the small board on the back of the Y truck and the 3/4' wide cable that also plugs into that board. the wider cable goes down to the controller board. Do youget any reading from the bit sensor it is on the some circuit board as the board sensor. Be carful with plugging in the cables it is easy to peal back the metalic contact when pushing the cable into the plug. Some times the glue gets into the plug and insulate the connection.

HandTurnedMaple
02-04-2007, 01:36 PM
OK, this was a bad combination of too little front roller compression, the POS ribbon wire behind the truck coming loose, and a burnt out bulb in my shop (too little light under normal conditions).