PDA

View Full Version : carvewright designer

raye321
12-18-2012, 11:15 PM
I bought a carvewright about a year ago, downloaded the designer with no problem. I had to get another computer so when I downloaded the designer from the CD it keeps coming up I need a license of some sort.

henry1
12-18-2012, 11:20 PM
you don't use the cd anymore go here to download the soft ware
http://www.carvewright.com/support-page/getting-started/

fwharris
12-18-2012, 11:24 PM
First thing is to down load the software (latest version as the one on the CD is an old version). http://www.carvewright.com/support-page/getting-started/update/

If you have not licensed the software on two computer before you should be able to activate the software by putting your machine number in just like you did when you got your machine. If already licensed on two then you will need to contact CarveWright to have them reset things so you can register it again..

Computers running Project Designer Software must be registered to a CarveWright Customer Account within 30 days of installation. A Customer Account is separate from the Store Account that you may have created to purchase your machine. Using the same Username & Password for both accounts cuts down on confusion. Write down this information and put it where you can find it, as you WILL need it again.
The Customer Account is where you register your machines, computers, and licenses for software, patterns, projects & subscriptions. Customer accounts are created once a customer registers their CarveWright Machine. You will only ever need ONE customer account. Licenses, sent as Software Serial Keys (or activation codes) via email, only need to be activated once to your Customer Account, where the information is stored on a secure server and can be retrieved, if needed.
Registration of the Project Designer Software and your computer is easiest done through the software itself by selecting Register Online (internet connection required), but there are other options. If you have never created a Customer Account before, you will need to do that only the first time. Upon installation of your second computer and there afterwards, you will always select the option that says “I Already Have an Account”.
Computers are registered into your Customer Account and identified by their individual hard-drive computer ID. Sometimes those computer IDs change and the computer needs to be re-registered. Registered computers that are no longer valid can easily be deactivated by LHR with an email or phone call identifying which computer to deactivate. This frees up licenses for a re-installation.

lynnfrwd
12-19-2012, 07:33 AM
I'll provide steps later this morning. If you installed from old disk go into control panel and remove. You only ever register ONE customer account. Run as admin to install AND register if windows vista, 7 or 8!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lynnfrwd
12-19-2012, 09:08 AM
These instructions are for those that have a Customer Account and are needing to Re-Register.

You will need to know the following:
1. Do I have a license available or do I need to let LHR know which old computer registration to deactivate?
2. Do I know my Customer (not Store) Account username & password?

Log onto Customer Account on bottom of page under Quick Links at www.carvewright.com to see licenses. You will need to know your username & email address to have your password reset and sent to you. Call LHR, if you don't know these two things. Changing the name of an old registered computer and those license numbers will NOT allow you to apply those to a new computer by changing the name or re-entering those license numbers. Each computer is different.

INSTALLATION OF LATEST VERSION
1. If you have an old disk of the Project Designer Software, throw it in the trash
2. Go into your control panel and remove the current installation
3. Go to www.carvewright.com (http://www.carvewright.com) and download latest version under Quick Links (bottom of page)
4. Ignore any security warnings that we may be dangerous; Microsoft has never heard of CarveWright
5. When given the option to Run or Save; select Save, if you are Windows Vista, 7 or 8;
Click Run, if you are using Windows XP and go to step 9
6. Save the file into your Downloads folder instead of running it
7. Go to Downloads folder and right-click on Designer_1_186 file
8. Select "Run As Administrator" from the menu to install
9. Follow the installation wizard
10. Disregard the Read Me File instructions

REGISTRATION OF PROJECT DESIGNER
1. After installed, you will need to register the software to your existing Customer Account
2. If you are Windows Vista, 7 or 8, right-click on program icon and select "Run As Administrator" from the menu to register;
If you are Windows XP, you can just double click to open
3. Register ONLINE and select the option that says "I Already Have A CarveWright Customer Account"
4. You will need to know your Customer Account username & password to register

RE-DOWNLOADING LICENSED PATTERNS & PROJECTS
1. Log into your Customer Account at www.carvewright.com (http://www.carvewright.com) under Quick Links (bottom of page)
2. Next to each pattern, collection and project is a download link
3. Double click on the ptn or mpl file to upload into Project Designer's Pattern Library
4. Remember projects are saved to your computer and never uploaded into your Pattern Library