PDA

View Full Version : Christmas present pattern

badbert
12-18-2012, 01:16 PM
I am looking for something special. I am making a present for my mother. I am making her a keepsake box. I would like to carve a beautiful cabin scene in the lid. Something with maybe a stream and some deer. Something detailed like the deer mantel scene in the store. The lid is 17 x 12. So that scene wouldn't fit, even if I had the $30! Anyone got anything nice to share?

Ike
12-18-2012, 01:52 PM
I am looking for something special. I am making a present for my mother. I am making her a keepsake box. I would like to carve a beautiful cabin scene in the lid. Something with maybe a stream and some deer. Something detailed like the deer mantel scene in the store. The lid is 17 x 12. So that scene wouldn't fit, even if I had the $30! Anyone got anything nice to share?

Bert I am not sure who made this and even if will post? If it does will this work?

Ike

badbert
12-18-2012, 02:04 PM
Thank you Ike! I have that one too. It is close to what I would like, just a little too "cartoonish(?)'. Not looking a gift horse in the mouth. Just want something really nice for her. Thank you again!

badbert
12-18-2012, 02:11 PM
Something along these lines...

eelamb
12-18-2012, 09:05 PM
Bert something like this. Size is 9x7.5x.5
Not the best I can do, but 40min, is about all the time I have for it tonight.

ladjr
12-18-2012, 09:07 PM
Nice job Eddie I couldnt have done that good if you gave me all week.

badbert
12-18-2012, 10:19 PM
Thanx Eddie! Getting warmer! I hate to be so picky... But I love my Mom. I want something spectacular!

eelamb
12-19-2012, 07:02 AM
Bert I tried, no time to make it better.

badbert
12-19-2012, 07:51 AM
Thank you Ed! Your work is always appreciated. That picture sucked to try and convert. I was really hoping someone had something already made. I am sorry I am such a jerk, when it comes to my Mom. We lost Pops a few years back. She supported My family and I, while I battled SSDI. I really want to give her something nice! As a matter of fact, I am thinking of going with a log cabin. http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?20677-Vector-form-pattern-rerquest&highlight=log+cabin. It reminds me of the house she grew up in. I have to make up my mind soon though!

Bigtyme
12-19-2012, 08:08 AM
The log cabin you referenced is a very nice pattern, Bert. It would be a great top to a special box. My guess is your Mom will love whatever you put together, but I know how important it is to do something as special as Moms are....

jaustin
12-19-2012, 10:39 AM
don't know if this will work for you or even how nice it will carve.

badbert
12-19-2012, 12:43 PM
Thanks John! I found that one in Google images too!

bjbethke
12-19-2012, 01:46 PM
Thank you Ed! Your work is always appreciated. That picture sucked to try and convert. I was really hoping someone had something already made. I am sorry I am such a jerk, when it comes to my Mom. We lost Pops a few years back. She supported My family and I, while I battled SSDI. I really want to give her something nice! As a matter of fact, I am thinking of going with a log cabin. http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?20677-Vector-form-pattern-rerquest&highlight=log+cabin. It reminds me of the house she grew up in. I have to make up my mind soon though!

That looks like a patten I posted in a vector image. I have that in a raster carving also. Did not have a deer PTN on this computer, but maybe a bear will do.