PDA

View Full Version : Woods1

eelamb
12-18-2012, 11:30 AM
For the new and some of the old users. Here is a zip file of 7 new woods to add to your woods folder.
This folder is located at programs files\carvewright\wood1, just copy these images to that folder and you will have 7 additional wood grains for your background. In case you did not know it, you can use any image that is 512x512 pix in size and use that for your background image. Also useful for tracing an image. Just add the image, then restart designer, and remove it when finished.

easybuilt
12-18-2012, 11:36 AM
Thanks Eddie, is always helpful and so easy to do.

Bigtyme
12-18-2012, 11:37 AM
Thanks, Eddie...Great addition to the library. Much appreciated....

henry1
12-18-2012, 11:53 AM
Thank you eddy good addition

edzbaker
12-18-2012, 12:03 PM
Thanks Eddie,, and If you want the wood-grain running up and down, rotate them before copying them to the woods1 folder. You can also copy the ones in the folder, rotate them and paste them back into the woods1 folder.

eelamb
12-18-2012, 12:04 PM
Pay attention to the naming convention. Notice walnut has two listing under it, dark walnut and natural. This is done by adding +walnut to the end of the dark walnut image name. Thus you can place the wood grain into categories, if you like.
Did you notice I said you can put an image there for tracing. Once traced use the 3d suite to create your pattern from the image.

fwharris
12-18-2012, 12:05 PM
Great tips Eddie!!! Thanks.

eelamb
12-18-2012, 12:08 PM
Thanks Edz, that is something they need to know too. I had to rotate one of the images to get it like the others before I copied it.
I am making a sign for my son-n-law, and needed the cedar, thus while looking in my library of wood images, I just made up a few more I was missing too, and thought others would like to know this is possible. I learned it from Kenm some time back.

dehrlich
12-18-2012, 12:27 PM
Hey if any of the wood photos I have on my website will help feel free to grab them... so unusual stuff there. Also wanted to show a nice piece of African mahogany I pulled out of my super special stash today to carve a sign for my son. It's just over 13" wide and 4 ft long, perfectly clear. Got one more like it, was saving for a table but it's been on the shelf for 5 years so... LOL.

badbert
12-18-2012, 01:28 PM
African Mahogany... My senior project in Woodshop (30 years ago) was a hope chest made from Mahogany and lined in Cedar. I used twelve foot boards and align-matched the grains to make invisible seams! The left over went in the scrap bin! LOL It was beautiful. Inlayed maple and walnut checkerboard in the lid. Turned feet. Lost it in the house fir a couple of years ago.

ridgecrest
12-18-2012, 08:12 PM
The wood pictures are awesome and your tip on tracing is very helpful.

Thanks eelamb.

crfahy
12-19-2012, 03:51 PM
Thank you Eddie! Good things to know. Now if only I can remember that when I decide I want to trace something...