PDA

View Full Version : My shop

dehrlich
12-17-2012, 06:16 PM
I believe I saw a thread like this before but couldn't find it. thought I would share some photos of my chatotic shop, no cleaning involved. Busy times like this it gets pretty cluttered because no time to clean. I have a 3 car garage on my house, divided into a two and a one car space. My shop is in the bigger portion, approx 22x24 and the smaller is 12x24 where I store some lumber and such. The ceilings are high, approx 10 feet which is nice for handling longer boards and sheet goods. Most of the lumber is my personal stash, I have another building I keep stock in for sale. I am guilty of "cherry picking" when I get new stock, probably why I have so much personal stock LOL. Love figured stuff... curly, quilted, birdseye etc and super wide boards. Ones up above the door are my monster boards, the oak on the bottom is almost 19" wide.

Please share yours!

TerryT
12-17-2012, 06:23 PM
Out of chaos comes order or so the freemasons said (I think). Your shop looks alot like mine right now.

Old Salt
12-17-2012, 07:31 PM
time for clean shop is in Feb and size don't make any defernce.

dehrlich
12-17-2012, 07:36 PM
Exactly, bigger shop just means more space to clean.

ladjr
12-17-2012, 08:15 PM
Great looking shop. I bet you know where everything is and that is all that you need.

unitedcases
12-17-2012, 10:02 PM
Exactly, I have a 8 x 12 and love it. Takes 30 minutes to clean it.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

aokweld101
12-17-2012, 10:26 PM
my shop is 46 feet by 20 and it still is not big enough have plans on adding another 220 sq. feet to it the frist of the year I have two 4x8 tables one metal table for welding and one wood table for wood. that takes 64 square feet just in tables, and that does'nt include the rest of the tools that I have and yes I do'nt like cleaning it but its a job that has to be done.

easybuilt
12-17-2012, 10:29 PM
Looks like all you need and just like mine. Organized in my own little way???

fwharris
12-17-2012, 11:36 PM
What clutter??

badbert
12-18-2012, 12:18 AM
Is that the HF dust collector and jointer? I lost my Pops HF Jointer in the fire. Replaced it with a Grizzly. I liked the HF better! I am sure I will get the grizzly tweaked eventually. But my pops had the HF tweaked to perfection. I also have the HF dust collector. I have mine in a shed attached to the garage. Along with my Compressor. I put a wall vent in the shed and installed a furnace filter so I don't get dust buildup on the side of the garage. I always thought my dust collector was missing the fine dust. Turns out it was making it (leaking?). Anyway since I put it in the shed there is no more fine dust in the shop. It is so much quieter with them both outside of the shop... As far as the clutter, I just wait until the wife wants something made, and trade labor. She cleans the shop she gets her project made! :)

dehrlich
12-18-2012, 01:07 AM
Is that the HF dust collector and jointer? I lost my Pops HF Jointer in the fire. Replaced it with a Grizzly. I liked the HF better! I am sure I will get the grizzly tweaked eventually. But my pops had the HF tweaked to perfection. I also have the HF dust collector. I have mine in a shed attached to the garage. Along with my Compressor. I put a wall vent in the shed and installed a furnace filter so I don't get dust buildup on the side of the garage. I always thought my dust collector was missing the fine dust. Turns out it was making it (leaking?). Anyway since I put it in the shed there is no more fine dust in the shop. It is so much quieter with them both outside of the shop... As far as the clutter, I just wait until the wife wants something made, and trade labor. She cleans the shop she gets her project made! :)

Yes on the HF stuff. Dust collector works fine, jointer can be tricky to adjust but stays once you get it there. And great idea on the labor trade, she is always wanting me to build something for someone. As for moving the DC out of the shop, I have plans to build an extra 10 feet all the way across the back of the garage, mostly for a AC/DC room, finish room and office... maybe a little extra floor space.

Smoken D
12-18-2012, 08:53 AM
A shop after my own heart. I crack up at some photos of shops where not even a speck of dust is present. When it gets warm will clean up then:D

dehrlich
12-18-2012, 12:22 PM
I try to straighten up some after I finish a major project to get ready for the next, problem is I usually have 2 or 3 going at once. One rule I do go by is anytime I leave the shop, I put 5 things away... tools etc. Keeps some of the clutter down.