PDA

View Full Version : Registering Software and Serial Number Location

Tim Rogers
02-02-2007, 12:55 PM
I recently recieved my machine (Sears - CompuCarve). After I had loaded the software on my computer and started it for the first time, it asked me to register the software. Because I had a little difficulty, I thought I would post how I accomplished the registration on-line.

1. The serial number for the CompuCarve is located under the load tray. Mine was in the following format AC.000.000 (there is no SN symbol to identify it). You can also find it by turning on the machine and scrolling through the menu.

2. The instructions for registering your software, state you will need an activation code and the serial number. Below the instructions there are two boxes, one for an activation code and one for a Registration code (not your serial number). The activation code is already filled in. In order to get the registration code, you must click the button below the Activation Code that states "Connect to www.carvewright.com". You will then complete a registration form, including the serial number, and submit. It will inturn, give you a registration code.

I know this sounds simple, but there were no instructions with the manual or software. I appologize if this topic was covered already somewhere in the forum, but I could not find it.

Tim :D

Tim Rogers
02-02-2007, 01:08 PM
Well, of course, as soon as I posted the above info, I found a previous post which is similar. I know I am repeating what several people have stated before, but please make sure your post is descriptive in the title. If there is more than one topic in the post, at least, list the major topic areas in the title.

Yes, I am the "newbee" complaining already!

Thank You,
Tim :D

The Bard
02-02-2007, 01:10 PM
There is a sticky in "announcements" to the same affect as well...

:oops: