PDA

View Full Version : extending board length

aokweld101
12-16-2012, 07:26 AM
I have made a jewelery box and layed out the front, back and sides on one board, but did'nt put the top and drawer fronts on the board is there a way to add more board length so that I can save the 7".without having my project distorded, I would post the project on the forum but being computer illiterate cant figure out how to post.

Capt Bruce
12-16-2012, 08:37 AM
In Designer if you right click on the board you can open and edit the board dimensions to add enough space for the other parts. When I do this it normally adds length to the right side of the board. If your current parts are tied by green dimension lines to edges of centerlines you will probably have to adjust their placement. Hope this helps.

aokweld101
12-16-2012, 09:43 AM
I understand, I was hoping there was a majic button ...thank you for your help..

DickB
12-16-2012, 10:07 AM
It's not hard to post a project. Click "Go to advanced", scroll down, and click "Manage attachments".

A technique that may work is to eliminate any layout centering that you may have, the patterns and objects won't move. Then select and copy everything. Then create a new project with the new broad length, and paste all to your new project and board. With all selected, you can move everything as a group if need be.