PDA

View Full Version : Copy offset

mobident
02-02-2007, 10:38 AM
Can't find the copy offset command. I thought it was supposed to be in the layout menu.

Is it absent in 1.115?
Bruce

BobHill
02-02-2007, 11:44 AM
Bruce,

There are two symbol icons in blue (when an offset is selected) one is the shell looking icon (for Favorites and Library PTN files) and the other is like a flower, which IS the Copy Offset option. Do you have that?

Bob

pkunk
02-02-2007, 02:02 PM
It's also under the 'layout' in the tool bar

mobident
02-02-2007, 03:24 PM
Not there. Must currently be in beta only...
I was using a button pinch surface on a small circle for a chinese checkerboard. The perfect task for copy offset. 1 hole, 80 copies.
I can mirror some to reduce work, but it is what the software guys call a less elegant solution.

Bruce

HandTurnedMaple
02-02-2007, 03:28 PM
Go to View > Toolbars > Customize... Its in the right-hand column. Add it to one of your toolbars.

Aaron B
02-02-2007, 04:35 PM
speaking of copy offset, I never can get arcs to work right. I drew a square with arcs for the corners to make a vector path. then when I do copy offset the copies arcs are all messed up.

Malfunction
02-02-2007, 04:35 PM
a lot of my tools are not there either. the tangent tool, copy offset, parallel, and many others. i just figured these items haven't been added yet, just the icons. perhaps the beta testers got a bonus editor.

John
02-02-2007, 04:51 PM
Sometimes it's the obvious that is overlooked. Remember you have to have something selected to make the "copy offset" tool available.

menewfy
02-02-2007, 05:55 PM
even when I found it and added it to a menu on my toolbar it did not show up so I could use it. oh well.

dcozort
02-02-2007, 07:02 PM
I posted earlier this month after speaking with C/W I was told the copy Offset wiil show up in the software but it does not WORK... It is not ready it needs a lot of polishing.. C/W said it would be in the next release... I don't know if they meant this softwware or the premium version which I was told would be released at the end of the year for around 4 to 5 hundred dollars.... C/W said the premium software would do many things not currently available............ Can't wait........Dennis

Hanna
02-21-2007, 12:58 AM
I have the same problem as Maple. I located offset in customize, but it won't show p so it is useable:/ Like Maple said, "Oh well".