PDA

View Full Version : Sign blanks

dehrlich
12-15-2012, 12:47 PM
I posted this in the buy sell trade but nobody responded... just curious, do you guys buy pre-cut sign blanks in certain sizes? Would you be interested in that? I sell lumber online and locally and always looking for new outlets. If there is any intrest let me know what sizes etc. and I'll see if I could save you some money! I get lumber cheap all the time, like I had a buddy call me the other day saying he cut down a walnut tree by mistake and all I got to do is pick it up. Can't beat that!

myshop1044
12-15-2012, 01:37 PM
Go to the pattern store, look under pattern collections. there are 20 sign blanks
for a price, there maybe even more.

Perry b.

fwharris
12-15-2012, 01:41 PM
I posted this in the buy sell trade but nobody responded... just curious, do you guys buy pre-cut sign blanks in certain sizes? Would you be interested in that? I sell lumber online and locally and always looking for new outlets. If there is any intrest let me know what sizes etc. and I'll see if I could save you some money! I get lumber cheap all the time, like I had a buddy call me the other day saying he cut down a walnut tree by mistake and all I got to do is pick it up. Can't beat that!

Do you have any listings on your site or are you saying you will make to order???

dehrlich
12-15-2012, 05:02 PM
Just trying to see if there is any intrest and if it would be worth while for everyone. I have access to over 100 species, although I don't stock all of them all the time, I do have a good variety. Like I said, as a business man, like many of us, I'm always looking for a way to expand ;)

dehrlich
12-15-2012, 05:14 PM
Go to the pattern store, look under pattern collections. there are 20 sign blanks
for a price, there maybe even more.

Perry b.

Those are sign blank patterns right? I'm talking about wood blanks, width length thickness and species needed.

Digitalwoodshop
12-15-2012, 06:46 PM
I believe that Shipping is a issue for some like myself... I got some Kiln Dried Clear Pine from a local Sawmill half the price of the wood I normally use for signs. It was Stringy and even though it was kiln dried. Then text cut with a 3/8 end mill bit with flat sides and a flat bottom looked like I had cut it with a dovetail bit 2 days later.... IT was still WET inside.... So I had to quit buying it..... The wood I normally use from my local Lumber Yard is D Grade Long Leaf Clear Pine that just happens to come from New Zealand. It cuts like Maple and works great for signs. I would rather buy American but that is what works and I found out later it was from New Zealand.

More information on the types of wood, and weather it is Air Dried, rough, Kiln Dried, Milled 4 sides.....

eBay and Craig's List might be an option and even join Sawmill Creek Forum as a Contributor you can list wood for sale in the Buy Sell section.

This is a tuff crowd to sell stuff too.... As seen by some of the After Market Products made for the CW.... Some Sell and some don't.... And the ones that don't sell, they get sore about it.:roll:

You see it all the time with someone selling a CW at a high price..... I am sure you have a Good Product... We need to know more about it.

Good Luck,

AL

chief2007
12-15-2012, 07:31 PM
Those are sign blank patterns right? I'm talking about wood blanks, width length thickness and species needed.

Sent you an email