PDA

View Full Version : Finally!

kennelmaster
12-13-2012, 03:54 PM
Said I wasn't gonna post anything until I was "proud" of my work. While this does not compare to the work of all you experts out there, it gives me some hope that I can learn the capabilities of the CW. Listen for footsteps, someday I may catch up.

This sign was done in maple and has not been laquered/poly's yet. I made it for a neighbor who loaned me a generator while I was out in the pasture building a new loafing shed for the horses.

Wow, the CW is amazing and I have a lot left to learn, but the creative possibilities seem endless. Critique away, suggest away, any helpful hints will be appreciated.

Paul57690

ladjr
12-13-2012, 03:57 PM
That is very Nice. You are doing great keep going.

chief2007
12-13-2012, 04:04 PM
Great Job ! Really like the look.

chebytrk
12-13-2012, 04:42 PM
Looks really nice! Only suggestion (just for you to see if you like) might be to use a little "draft" on your letters and they'll not only look nice, but will help in preventing letter "chipping" while it's being carved. Just select your name and add some draft (icon is in designer) to it so you can see it in your Designer program. Maybe a little "feather" on your carve region that you placed everything in. Again, that just kinda lets the carving bit "blend in to the region" instead of going straight down and carving the inside edge of the region. However, it all looks real good as is. These were just some suggestions for you to look at in designer and give you some other ways to carve something next time around.
Look forward to seeing your next project. Carve away amigo!

kennelmaster
12-13-2012, 05:39 PM
The large letter have draft, think I forgot on the small letters. I struggle with "feathering" as I am not fond of that look. Thanks for the input and advice. Still learning!

pjs

Capt Bruce
12-13-2012, 06:47 PM
I think you've done a fine job on this Paul and as noted above I really like the overall look of your design and execution. We can hear you running hard so keep it up! The knot on the steer's face make me think of that dog in the Little Rascal's with the ring around his eye. Good project.

RogerB
12-13-2012, 07:46 PM
Nice work Congats on a job well done.

scoobie_6
12-13-2012, 08:16 PM
looks cool

badbert
12-13-2012, 09:16 PM
You should be proud! That came out great! Now show us some more of your work! :)

fwharris
12-13-2012, 09:37 PM
Well deserved pat on the back Paul!!

lawrence
12-14-2012, 05:26 AM
Looks great. I love your wood selection as it has a lot of character too.

Lawrence

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using Tapatalk 2

chebytrk
12-14-2012, 08:10 AM
Yup.... Little Rascals.... Great show. Dog was Pete. Reminds me of another great show... Amos & Andy. Good Ol' days

I think you've done a fine job on this Paul and as noted above I really like the overall look of your design and execution. We can hear you running hard so keep it up! The knot on the steer's face make me think of that dog in the Little Rascal's with the ring around his eye. Good project.

Smoken D
12-14-2012, 08:31 AM
Yep, Great Job Paul! It came out really nice!

henry1
12-14-2012, 09:25 AM
You done good turn out very well

cnsranch
12-14-2012, 10:13 AM
I love the knot - either a pirate bull, or he has "Mad Cow".