PDA

View Full Version : dumb question about routering the edges of a project

howsharbell
02-02-2007, 12:10 AM
I have a sort of dumb question... if I choose to router the edges of a project, and the board is bigger than the finished project, will the finished piece be completely seperated from the "outer shell"? does it keep some contact until the piece is completed?

Shari (not as dumb as the question implies)

newcarver
02-02-2007, 06:13 AM
I have tried that process in the software also and just can't figure it out, I have not yet recieved by bits from CW yet, but will try again soon and let you know

Charles M
02-02-2007, 06:50 AM
From what I read in the Help, you should not attempt to cut a piece to size with any bit other than the cut-out bit. That is the one which will leave the cut piece attached to the rest of the board.

Aaron B
02-02-2007, 06:59 AM
In the software you have a certain board size with edges routed. If you put in a bigger board it will still only rout to the size your board was in the software. I have done it and then cut the board to size afterwards. It will probably ask you to center the project width wise which is fine. It also might ask you to cut board to size which I have not done using the machine.

Dan-Woodman
02-02-2007, 09:31 AM
If you use edge rout , it routs the outer edge of the piece of wood you place in machine.
If you just want your project piece routed then select, or create an outer edge and apply a decoritve bit to that, through "select bit.

If you choose edge rout from the "keypad" you have your choice of single edge routing or multiple edge routing.

Aaron B
02-02-2007, 09:41 AM
Dan on that box I just made it had edge rout through the software, but it was on a bigger board and it did not rout the edge of the large board. It routed the size that was in the software and then I had to cut it to size.

Dan-Woodman
02-02-2007, 12:29 PM
Hey Aaron
I guess, I should have stated ,whatevere you have highlighted it will rout.
sorry , there are so many neat functions , it's just like these computer things ,it only does what you tell it to.