PDA

View Full Version : Where to you take the compucarve

hess
12-12-2012, 12:36 AM
for sevice? I had thought it was close to home up in garland TX?

Kind of funny The told me today when I warrtenty is up they will do another 3 years on it

Hay you all have a Merry Xmas

chebytrk
12-13-2012, 03:18 PM
OK.... so I just found out some good news for ol' Compucarve owners. I turned mine in last week for repair (again) and received a phone call today from Sears informing me that they no longer repair OR replace the Compucarve machine. What they are doing now is sending out a "buy out" letter from Sears Corporate to the owners when these machines are turned in for repair. In the long run it turned out good for me because the check amount is enough to purchase a new one through LHR with a 2 year warranty. In addition I had the extended warranty (2 yrs remaining) so I'm getting a pro-rated check which will be enough for me to get me some "extra" stuff. I still have my ol' standby "Shanita II" out there carving away so..... YESSSSSSS it's all good.

hess
12-13-2012, 07:42 PM
Jerry where did you send it for repair they can buy mine I still have 2 years on it

fwharris
12-13-2012, 09:16 PM
Jerry,

I've heard basically the same from a couple other guys.

chebytrk
12-14-2012, 08:05 AM
I live close to Garland, Tx repair center so i took mine there & dropped it off as I always do. They did tell me this time that it would no longer be repaired there & would be sent somewhere to Grapevine for repair since they stopped repairing in Garland. I then received my call yesterday for the buyout of my machine. So now I'm just waiting for my check to arrive. I also received money back on my extended warranty purchase.

Jerry where did you send it for repair they can buy mine I still have 2 years on it

hess
12-14-2012, 06:32 PM
Thank Jerry I live South of you in cleburne Garland was where I took it before so will just run them up there