PDA

View Full Version : help on a shape cutout

skeeterman
12-11-2012, 04:36 PM
Trying to make a shaped stake cutout, here is kinda what i was wanting to do in the mpc but with the shape of the jpeg. the board size is 13 x 10 wanting to turn the jpeg image 90 degrees, and insert a rectangle area that would fit in the botom of the shape as a stake, kinda like the mpc, max width of the cutout would be 9" and the stake size width would be around 5".
not sure if this is making sense

bjbethke
12-11-2012, 06:38 PM
Trying to make a shaped stake cutout, here is kinda what i was wanting to do in the mpc but with the shape of the jpeg. the board size is 13 x 10 wanting to turn the jpeg image 90 degrees, and insert a rectangle area that would fit in the botom of the shape as a stake, kinda like the mpc, max width of the cutout would be 9" and the stake size width would be around 5".
not sure if this is making sense

Is this what you are looking for?

SteveNelson46
12-11-2012, 07:27 PM
You can outline the entire shape by selecting both shapes and make them a carve region (temporarily). With both shapes still selected, select outline patterns from the tools menu. This will give you a path around the outside of the combined shapes. Remove the carve regions.

skeeterman
12-11-2012, 08:39 PM
Thank you Bj, thank you steve

Digitalwoodshop
12-12-2012, 02:05 PM
Remember you can place blocks of carve region over each other in a lay down pattern then when you like what you have do a Outline Pattern to get it right. Then delete un wanted outlines and delete the shallow carve regions. A example of this is the Toy Soldier where you place a shallow carve region over his boots to block the outline from making 2 legs. The Outline would go around the boots with the carve region in place. Then delete the carve region and cut the pattern then the cut out.

You can hand draw points to outline a pattern too... Use as many points as you wish. Once you get the pattern adjusted to where you want and say it has 200 points... Then you outline again in auto mode and delete the 200 point node outline.

Lots of tricks....

It took a while to make this 2 sided cut out perfect but I like the results... And remember to turn off the "Perspective View" or the left and right side of the screen will induce parallax into the line placement.

The final trick is to place the pattern on a 14 x 14 board and make it as big as you can so when you shrink it down to normal size it will show less errors in placement.

AL

liquidguitars
12-13-2012, 12:22 AM
Looking good Al!

Digitalwoodshop
12-13-2012, 01:54 PM
From 2010 Xmas Craft Shows... Have not done any since... No Money in it at the moment... And the last 5 Sign Quotes, 3 came back... Too High at $150.00 each... Still busy enough.... :)

AL

wasacop75
12-15-2012, 10:43 AM
Just downloaded a pattern from the depot and am trying to get it uploaded. I added the serial number to my licenses, but still says i need one. Now what to do? Its for a Christmas show at church

Thanks.

Mike

fwharris
12-15-2012, 10:53 AM
Just downloaded a pattern from the depot and am trying to get it uploaded. I added the serial number to my licenses, but still says i need one. Now what to do? Its for a Christmas show at church

Thanks.

Mike

did you do the "try" feature first before buying? Does the pattern show with a red box? If so you might try deleting that one and use the link in your email from the purchase to re down load and install...