PDA

View Full Version : cut path problems

toddreed
12-10-2012, 05:29 PM
When I have a program with more than one cut on the same path the second cut is off the first cut path on one end of the board. Does any 1 have any suggestions

Digitalwoodshop
12-10-2012, 06:21 PM
The "cut is off the first cut path on one end of the board" Is really, it is off on both ends.... Like my picture....

This is caused by the board loosing contact with the Brass Roller and the board is moving between the first cut and the 2nd without the computer knowing it moved... As in the board lifted off the brass roller and the machine would keep moving the board until the brass roller gets contact with the board again and makes the correct number EVEN if it is 1/4 or 1/2 inch off....

Reasons....

1. 7 inch rule of wood. Board and project designed that one end of it comes out from under a rubber roller and the board lifts off the brass roller.

2. Sand Paper Belt rolled under on the muffler side AT the brass roller that is HARD TO SEE and raises the board up over the brass roller.

3. A defect in the bottom of the board AT the area where the runs...

4. A HARD WOOD BOARD like Oak or Maple that the Brass Roller has a hard time biting into it.... MASKING TAPE along the brass roller edge of the board where the Brass Roller touches makes a Rack and Pinion type of track that could END your problems....

Read over Tips and Tricks again on Sleds, Carrier Boards, and Blocks of Wood taped on the end to help stabilize the board and the brass roller....

A Board being held by 1 roller is like riding a bicycle with 1 hand... Most of the time it is OK... But when you CRASH you know why.... 1 hand... 1 roller... I call it Pilot Error as in designing a project that comes out from under a roller... 2 rollers is better...

The Short answer to the 2 roller problem is 2 fold.... See the Designer Bear, it has a 4 inch blank area on the right side of designer that is = to the 4 inch board I tape to the end of the board and leave the board longer... in this case I flipped the board. FrugAL Use of Wood.

I also select to PLACE ON END when I do the projects and with the 4 inch blank area I ALSO select to NOT Stay under the Rollers as I have the FAKE 4 inch blank to take it's place and stay under 2 rollers ALL THE TIME.

AL

EDIT: OR.... Just had another thought... IF any of your Vector Cuts when you click on them have the location numbers in YELLOW this indicates a Attachment or Restraint. This could cause location problems as the Yellow number is telling make this line or vector exactly xx.xxx from some edge and if the board is bigger that can wreck a project.... Numbers should be GREEN... To make a Yellow turn Green... Right click and remove restraint.... Even CENTERING can do this...