PDA

View Full Version : Multiple instances of texture

Carl H
12-10-2012, 08:21 AM
I am running the latest release. Not sure which it is because I am at work.

When I open the texture menu I get multiple instances of the same textures. I think last time I looked there were 4 folders containing "DOME" and 4 containing button.

Is there any way to get in and clean things up. I also have two sets of the Basic folder in the patterns.

It doesnt affect the program at all, just a bit irritating.

Old Salt
12-10-2012, 10:57 AM
I think if you just right click the texture you do not need just right click and delete it.

brdad
12-10-2012, 02:49 PM
I've had the same issue with both the surfaces and textures.

You can not right click any of them and delete them - this works (somewhat) with entries in the pattern library, but not surfaces or textures.

I even deleted the surfaces file from the 'C:\Program Files (x86)\CarveWright\data' directory, and it fixed it the first time I ran the software; when I closed and started it again I again had at least two copies of everything (three previously).

Carl H
12-10-2012, 07:46 PM
You are correct, right clicking does nothing.
I did move the file from the folder to a temp area but the software wont start without it.
My surfaces file is 39k.
Project designer is 1.186 build 10507
There are 4 instances of the textures and there are two instances of the basic patterns.

brdad
12-10-2012, 08:11 PM
I did a search of my drive and found another copy of the file in 'C:\Users\Dave\CarveWright' (folder where I normally save my patterns and projects), moved that to a temp folder and renamed the files to surfaces.mpn.old, and it appears to be working correctly for the moment.

Funny how mine seems to work fine without the file and yours does not. Maybe I have another copy hidden somewhere.

I'm also using 1.186 build 10507 and am on Win7. And the files are 39K

Carl H
12-14-2012, 09:00 AM
That did the trick for me! Thanks. I also found a couple of extra Favorite listings in there too!