PDA

View Full Version : can't copy image from pattern designer to pattern editor

joepei
12-09-2012, 10:06 PM
I have craeted a pattern of a mussel shell in designer by laying a shell pattern over a dome. I want to move the pattern to editor to trim the edges and then save it in favourites. I can't get the pattern to transfer to the editor program. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Joe

fwharris
12-09-2012, 10:49 PM
all items that you are trying to make a pattern of has to be your creations. If the shell or dome is a pattern made by some one else it will not let you do it.

joepei
12-10-2012, 07:39 AM
Hi,
I took a picture of a mussel and converted it to grey scale in photoshop. I then opened and edited it in editor, and then transfered it to favourites in pattern designer.
I then created a dome in designer and layed the pattern I created over the dome. Then i merged it additive.
at this point i have the mussel layed over the dome.
I would like to remove the areas around the mussel shape that are not mussel. So I saved the file and tried to open in Editor. I get the message that the file is corrupted or not supported.

regards
joe

lynnfrwd
12-10-2012, 08:20 AM
Can't save dome feature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fwharris
12-10-2012, 11:57 AM
did you group the items before making it a pattern??

lynnfrwd
12-10-2012, 12:05 PM
You can't make a pattern using the dome feature.

bjbethke
12-10-2012, 12:12 PM
Hi,
I took a picture of a mussel and converted it to grey scale in photoshop. I then opened and edited it in editor, and then transfered it to favourites in pattern designer.
I then created a dome in designer and layed the pattern I created over the dome. Then i merged it additive.
at this point i have the mussel layed over the dome.
I would like to remove the areas around the mussel shape that are not mussel. So I saved the file and tried to open in Editor. I get the message that the file is corrupted or not supported.

regards
joe

I have a short PDF on how I make new patterns from a Muti-Pattern MPC. Hope this helps. BJB The MPC is too large to post.

joepei
12-10-2012, 03:13 PM
Hi BJB,
That worked perfectly!! Thanks very much. I am just starting to use the software, and the learning curve is a little steep.
Thanks again.
Joe