PDA

View Full Version : Parts

jerrbitt
12-07-2012, 02:23 PM
I had to return my Carvewright a few months ago for repair under the Sears warranty. For some reason, the local Sears store unfamiliar with the procedure sent it to Carvewright. They called and said I was going to have to pay for the repair. I explained that Sears was going to pay and after many phone calls, Sears agreed to pay for the repairs. Carvewright did talk me into replacing the sandpaper belts with the rubber ones and I did have to pay for the upgrade for that feature.
But my question to Carvewright, and they have never responded, is what other repairs did they make because I was told they would do whatever was necessary to bring the A model up to standards. What do they normally do when upgrading an A machine?
Also, based on user experiences, what should I stockpile in terms of spare parts. I believe I heard mention about an FDC cable and brushes for the cut motor. Any other suggestions?
And how do I know whether I have the newer type FCC cable or not – don’t know what it is.

fwharris
12-07-2012, 05:24 PM
For the FCC cable, does your wiring for the "close cover switch" plug into on the top side of the card or bottom right? Top indicates it has been upgraded with the A907 and will need the 14 pin cable. Bottom is the old style.

eastcutty
12-07-2012, 05:46 PM
A set of X-drive gears- cheap yet indispensable. Board sensor.

jerrbitt
12-07-2012, 07:35 PM
For the FCC cable, does your wiring for the "close cover switch" plug into on the top side of the card or bottom right? Top indicates it has been upgraded with the A907 and will need the 14 pin cable. Bottom is the old style.

Excuse my ignorance but what CARD?

chief2007
12-07-2012, 08:10 PM
He asking about the circuit board

fwharris
12-07-2012, 08:15 PM
Excuse my ignorance but what CARD?

the circuit card that the wires from the machine cover key board side switch plugs into. It is located to the right side of the Y motor behind the Y rail as you are standing looking at the inside of the machine from the clear cover side.

Digitalwoodshop
12-08-2012, 03:16 PM
This picture.

fwharris
12-08-2012, 04:08 PM
This picture.

Thanks Al! Knew you would show up sooner or later.