PDA

View Full Version : buying a used machine ver c off craigs list

scoobie_6
12-06-2012, 06:03 PM
Hi, i am baying a used machine off craig's list i used to have one a few years ago and had a lot of problems with it so sent it back, but when it did work i loved it. but the question i have is how do i get the new software for the machine? i seen the trial software, but it is only good for 30 days.

anyone have any idea of what i can do?

thanks for your help

henry1
12-06-2012, 06:20 PM
Call LHR and register it

chief2007
12-06-2012, 07:13 PM
Henry1 is correct, contact LHR aka Carvewright. Have the serial number from the machine, also get proof of purchase.

Digitalwoodshop
12-06-2012, 08:25 PM
Machine may need a Unlock Code too... They will know.

Welcome Back,

AL

fwharris
12-06-2012, 09:18 PM
The 30 day trial is the same as the regular version. Like others have posted, once you get your machine give CarveWright a call to get it all set up and transferred to your name. Then from the help tab in designer you can register the software.

Digitalwoodshop
12-06-2012, 10:50 PM
Remember to save your project files outside of the CarveWright Directory.

ladjr
12-06-2012, 11:51 PM
I believe only the "C" model has a lock code

Leo
Life is to short carve something today

scoobie_6
12-09-2012, 04:15 PM
ok got the machine ver c carvwright and he also gave me a older sears compucarve that has a few little issues but still works.. i also got a scanning prob with it but now software for the scanning prob , my question now is is there any software i can use to get the scanning prob running or do i have to buy the pattern editor through carvwright? and i got a bill of sale with his name,address,phone # , and serial #'s of bot machines on it.. will that be good enough for carvewright to register them in my name?

fwharris
12-09-2012, 04:41 PM
ok got the machine ver c carvwright and he also gave me a older sears compucarve that has a few little issues but still works.. i also got a scanning prob with it but now software for the scanning prob , my question now is is there any software i can use to get the scanning prob running or do i have to buy the pattern editor through carvwright? and i got a bill of sale with his name,address,phone # , and serial #'s of bot machines on it.. will that be good enough for carvewright to register them in my name?

Great deal is sounds like, 2 for the price of one???!!

It sounds like he had registered the probe and pattern editor software for his machine. The actual software for the probe is already built into designer. You will need the probe license codes to un lock it. Did he give you and CDs with the machines? If so one of them should have the serial number codes on the reverse side of the CD. Give a try just to see. If it was already registered it will let you know. There is no other software you can use for the probe so if already registered you will have to purchase the pattern editor software.

The info you got from him should work to getting it registered to you. They might have to call the previous owner to verify or if you can have him send them a note stating that he sold it to you.

scoobie_6
12-09-2012, 06:37 PM
i got one disk for one of the machines, he said he never used the scanning probe but that is all i got i will have to check it out more. but thanks for all the help and info. hopefully i will be sharing some projects in the near future and i will let everyone know how i make out:D

scoobie_6
12-09-2012, 06:44 PM
ok i checked the disk and it has the serial number for the scanning probe (sweet) things are looking good so far have to contact carvewright tommorrow to get setup. again thank you for your help, i never would have thought to look on the back of the disk case.

Digitalwoodshop
12-09-2012, 06:52 PM
Good Deal !!!! Good Luck !!!! With 38 posts it looks like you have been doing your homework.... Good to see....

AL

fwharris
12-09-2012, 06:55 PM
ok i checked the disk and it has the serial number for the scanning probe (sweet) things are looking good so far have to contact carvewright tommorrow to get setup. again thank you for your help, i never would have thought to look on the back of the disk case.

Your more than welcome and thanks!! Your deal is sounding better all of the time...