PDA

View Full Version : Incredible coincidences!

rickroy
12-03-2012, 05:02 PM
I listed a newly designed cribbage board on Etsy a week ago and received two orders Saturday night. I live in Greenfield, Massachusetts ... the western part of that state. One of the orders was from Visalia California, the town of my birth and youth and 3000 miles away. Of course I immediately wrote the buyer and told her of my background and asked if perhaps our paths had crossed in the past. Sunday morning she replied; "No, I moved to Visalia 6 years ago to be near our grandchildren. I grew up in Presque Isle Maine." The synapses were really firing when I read that note ... my wife grew up in Presque Isle! We are 8 hours or more driving time from Presque Isle, Visalia is an 8 hour flight ... what are the chances ... yep, my wife and my client were High School classmates! Go figure.
So here is a photo of the newly designed board that was ordered ... this used TerryT's round cribbage board design ... kind of. It looks similar but I added two revolves and had to move all of the holes (367 of those little trouble makers!) closer to the center. The lighthouse is one of AskBud's patterns. He doesn't know where the lighthouse is located and I really want to know so I have offered a free cribbage board to the first person to positively identify it. That goes for you guys too! Take a good look. I have spent hours on Google Images and haven't found it yet. All the best, Rick

chebytrk
12-03-2012, 05:14 PM
In the voice of secret agent Maxwell Smart.... "Would you believe that lighthouse is located just outside of Dallas". Hey, can't blame a guy for tryin'. LOL. Just sayin'

TerryT
12-03-2012, 06:27 PM
Now that is a nice crib board Rick! Beautiful!

tjl232
12-03-2012, 06:30 PM
i don"t belive its real but it looks like the one in corolla n. c.

rickroy
12-03-2012, 07:20 PM
i don"t belive its real but it looks like the one in corolla n. c.
I think that you may be right. Here is a photo of the actual light. Compare with the cribbage board below ... weigh in guys. Do I owe tjl232 a cribbage board? I hope so!

ladjr
12-03-2012, 07:58 PM
No Matter where it came from is a nice board.

easybuilt
12-03-2012, 09:14 PM
That is a beautiful crib board, awesome job!

SharonB
12-04-2012, 02:06 AM
Nice cribbage board carve. I like the small change you made.

CNC Carver
12-04-2012, 06:45 AM
Very nice work.