PDA

View Full Version : Trying to rotate but the software won't let me

jerryberg
11-30-2012, 12:08 PM
Problem!

1. Purchased a 12" x 6' piece of poplar to carve a painting frame (my first carvewright project). Board is only 11.25" wide.
2. So I can rearrange my carvings to fit that size of board.
3. Problem 2 is that I can't rotate the design to fit the board. I want to rotate the bottom piece of the frame so that it is arranged with the grain and not vertically. I've grouped all of the pieces. It won't let me rotate. I try to rotate the pieces individually. Not go.

What am I doing wrong?

jerryberg
11-30-2012, 12:12 PM
The bottom of the frame is the very left hand part of the design that I posted.

cfox
11-30-2012, 01:16 PM
Try saving each piece as a pattern so you dont loose your work then start a new project with the board size you bought. Then you can place and arrange all the pieces back on the new board from your pattern that you have saved. That should give you the option of flipping and rotating them the way you want.

If you dont care i will try this on my program and if it works i will let you know for sure.

cfox
11-30-2012, 01:28 PM
With the basic designer that i have i want able to save them as a pattern but i was not the one that created the art? I dont know if that has something to do with it or not?

jerryberg
11-30-2012, 02:06 PM
If you could try it that would be great.

cfox
12-03-2012, 11:56 AM
Did you create this carving? If not your probaby not going to be able to alter it. The only thing you might be able to do is cut your board and load it to where the grain of the wood is going the way you want. I have tried every thing i can think of. If you have a pattern of this you should be able to rotate it when you go into your patterns?

DickB
12-03-2012, 10:45 PM
I looked at your mcp when you first posted it, and IIRC it is not just a pattern but a collection of patterns and vector cuts. You can rotate individual patters, but not a whole project like yours. At least I don't know a way.