PDA

View Full Version : Working with the Pattern List

Alan Malmstrom
11-29-2012, 03:30 PM
Anybody know how to get rid of duplicate Favorites folders. Sub folders can be deleted by right clicking and choosing delete but main folders don't have this option.

Can editing be done some other way?

ladjr
11-29-2012, 03:49 PM
You can use the delete in windows files. However be sure you delete the right one. I usually rename the one I want to delete and check results then delete.

cnsranch
11-29-2012, 04:03 PM
Look in your computer here, alan:

C:\Documents and Settings\Your Name\CarveWright

Alan Malmstrom
11-29-2012, 04:05 PM
I don't know where they are located in the windows file menu's. I have changed the name of a folder I wish to delete but cant seem to find it after doing a search of the drive. The info must be stored in some kind of file that designer makes and accesses.

SteveNelson46
11-29-2012, 06:54 PM
Alan

The files "Favorites.mpn" and "Basic.mpn are in the C:\Users\Your Name\Carvewright. If there are any duplicate files with the same name anywhere in your user folder (c:\users\your name\Carvewright) or any of it's subfolders you will get duplicates.

Alan Malmstrom
11-29-2012, 08:19 PM
I only find the "basic.mpn" in the c: \Program Files\Data.

lynnfrwd
11-29-2012, 09:21 PM
Do a search for *.mpn or favorites.mpn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alan Malmstrom
11-30-2012, 09:09 AM
I was able to delete the folder in question. I had an extra folder called Favorites in my pattern list. First I changed the name of it. Then when I found a file called Favorites 20205 in my C:\UserName\Carvewright folder that was last edited on this date I deleted it. There was also a duplicate of the file which had the same name and edited date located in C:\Program Files\ Carvewright\Data and I deleted it also. After that the extra folder was gone from my pattern list.

I'm going to try and not create any extra folders in this list from now on. I've never had a problem with the Designer software, it has always worked perfectly for me.

The reason for this question is because I got an email from a guy looking for a Start-U member who wanted to know how to do this (Delete extra folders). I told him I don't recomend messing around with this stuff but also explained how I was able to get rid of my extra folder.