PDA

View Full Version : Cut Motor Inop

B.K. Dalton
11-29-2012, 12:24 PM
Gents-

I been having some issues with the cut motor. After loading a new bit, I noticed that the bit did not do its momentary "spin" after pressing ENTER.
There were no error codes produced. I aborted the project and preformed the Cut Motor Test. After pressing enter to begin the test, the screen said that the cut motor was running....but, motor was not spinning, no humming, nothing as if it was not getting power. I swapped in a new X terminal board...same outcome. I inspected for broken or loose wiring to include taken the cut motor apart to inspect as well...Nothing found.

I'm narrowing it down to either the Power Supply or the Cut Motor itself. I'm thinking about checking power going into the motor...what is a good spot to do that? What readings should I get?

Thanks

B.K.

CNC Carver
11-29-2012, 12:39 PM
How many hours on cut motor? How do the brushes look?

CNC Carver
11-29-2012, 12:40 PM
Also check to make sure lid is clsoing right hand switch.

B.K. Dalton
11-29-2012, 01:17 PM
Switches are operating correctly....changed brushes 75 hours ago, also reinspected them while troubleshooting internal wiring of motor. Motor has 350 hours on it.

B.K. Dalton
11-29-2012, 04:13 PM
All-

I broke out the trusty Fluke Meter and started checking power (110 VAC). I check it at the wall to the power switch, power switch all the way through to the leads going into the cut motor....As I did my meter checks I also pulled of the power connections and re-connected them at both the Power Supply and "X" Termination board. Regardless, power checked good all the way to the cut motor. I re-ran the cut motor test and the cut motor worked...! So, for now it seems to be good to go!

I did some searches on the forum and found some good posts about checking the wiring and also inspected the Cut Motor, which also included what I did above. The only problem was finding the related post to the cut motor. Can sub-folders be created within the Trouble shooting forum that are specific to common problems. It would make it easier for folks to navigate.

Also....Thanks CNC Carve for the trouble shooting input!!!