PDA

View Full Version : Newbie - Import / Export Pattern Help

Jon Jantz
02-01-2007, 01:15 PM
Since I've been getting a few questions, I did up a short and rough quickie tutorial on how to import and export patterns from Designer. It also shows how to zip and unzip them in order to upload or download from the forum....

Just Right-click on it and download it to your computer, then run it... it probably won't buffer very well from my website..

Good luck!

It's on the front page of my 1/8 done website...
http://www.allcw.com

menewfy
02-01-2007, 01:21 PM
hey Jon I have sound but no pic any ideas

Tim

Jon Jantz
02-01-2007, 01:28 PM
Tim, have you already updated your codec file? There's a link on the page to download the updated codec and that should fix it...

I'll go download it though and see if it works on my machine...

Later,
Jon

menewfy
02-01-2007, 01:47 PM
i can't get it to open and let me I also don't know how to do it thru media.

I also tried using intervideo and no go

help

Jon Jantz
02-01-2007, 02:14 PM
Tim, what version of Windows Media Player are you using?

menewfy
02-01-2007, 03:18 PM
Tim, what version of Windows Media Player are you using?

i don't know how i can tell it does not say when i open it up i found out it is a part of xp though does that help

tim

BoardSilly
02-01-2007, 04:16 PM
Use Irfranview.. its free and plays just about every format out there.

http://www.irfanview.com/

menewfy
02-01-2007, 05:03 PM
i downloaded infranview and the same thing happened audio no video. it says on screen

video not avail,cannot find vids:tscc decompressor

hope that helps

IM2HAPPI
02-01-2007, 05:20 PM
Hi,
I downloaded it this morning and same thing happen, audio and no video. I than downloaded the the codex file and worked great. I use windows media player. Thanks Jon very good work..now if I only had corel.

Julie Coffey
02-01-2007, 06:06 PM
Jon your tutoral was wonderful- very well done Thank you sooooo much.

I'm used to an old archaic version of PSP (6) even my upgraded Corel PSPX is confusing. I'll be looking foward to seeing what else you come up with.

Thanks again.

Julie

mtylerfl
02-01-2007, 06:21 PM
Hello Jon,

Nice work on your video tutorials!

What program are you using to record the tuts?
(Is it similar to CamStudio2?)

Jon Jantz
02-02-2007, 12:09 AM
It's called Camtasia.... is that the same thing as Camstudio??

mtylerfl
02-02-2007, 09:26 AM
Hello Jon,

I believe that Camstudio was the predecessor to Camtasia.

Camstudio was released as a "GNU" (General Public License), in other words, it is totally free!

Not sure if the free version of Camstudio (version 2) has all the features of Camtasia or not, but it does work.

I made a couple test movies (recorded as SWF) and they successfully ran in IE and Netscape (don't have FireFox, so I didn't test that). I do notice that there are only three controls when playing the SWF video...a "play", "pause", and "stop". Doesn't seem to have a method for the user to manually select a section in the video to playback from for review. You can pause and resume, or go back to the beginning and play the entire video all over again.

CamStudio2 is still available for download at:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=131922