PDA

View Full Version : Y belt slippage

easybuilt
11-29-2012, 10:51 AM
I put on a factory new Y motor and the picture shows what is happening. CW goes through all bit checks and begins project. Then I get Y belt slippage , press enter to proceed. Then it begins the carve with the 1/16 carving bit and then gives me a check cut motor message ( which never has happened to me with the carving bit) , so I enter and as the picture shows the CW cuts an angle to the top. I then get Y axis stall. I have removed the Y belt, cleaned it, checked for any issues, removed the plastic gear on the right and checked adjustments. Everything seems fine and movement is smooth. I tried another carve and the same issue.
Any thoughts what I should check next? Thanks for the help.

henry1
11-29-2012, 10:55 AM
did you check your Y bearing will do this you might have a bad bearing

chief2007
11-29-2012, 10:57 AM
Did you have a new y motor gear box with the Y motor?

easybuilt
11-29-2012, 10:58 AM
It is a new motor and gear box from CW, not rebuilt.

chief2007
11-29-2012, 11:05 AM
Maybe an encoder issues on the new motor

easybuilt
11-29-2012, 01:01 PM
I talked to tech support and they think my spring on the right side of the belt is getting old (there are over 1500 hours on this machine) so I am going to try to make it tighter. I will let you know.
Thanks for the suggestions!

unitedcases
11-29-2012, 01:06 PM
If you are trying to stretch out an old bit this will occur as well. Had it happen to me yesterday.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

Digitalwoodshop
11-30-2012, 12:48 PM
Since the Y motor, Gearbox and Encoder have been replaced in one change that leaves us to the attachment of the belt to the Y Truck being loose.... But if you said you cleaned the belt... That should have been checked... Holding the belt and trying to slide Y Truck and see if it slips can check that.

More than likely the next cause is a frozen Y Roller Bearing. When I did my 250 hour maintenance I found a frozen Y bearing and did not know or see it earlier. That could be your problem...

As for the spring... that would be way down on my list...

A Dull Bit would be higher on my list...

Something higher on my list... Take a felt marker or Grease Pencil and make a mark on the shaft of the big plastic gear in the Y Gearbox between the belt and the gear. You are looking to see if the big plastic gear is RUBBING on the U shaped frame that the Gearbox is mounted in. This would be the part of the U that is facing the Center of the machine and act as a RESTRICTION or JAM causing the Shift in the Y. Usually WE see this when the 2 inner bearings fail in the Gearbox and the gear tilts toward the center of the machine. BUT... In this case it could be SIMPLY be that the Gearbox was not CENTERED in the U Shape cut of the machine frame.

AL

easybuilt
11-30-2012, 03:23 PM
Thanks Al I will try checking that. I tried tightening the belt a little more and nothing changed. I ordered a new belt yesterday. I have another spare machine I will take the parts off of it.