PDA

View Full Version : purchasing wood

aokweld101
11-29-2012, 09:58 AM
I'm wanting to purchase wood and wondering where to buy wood at other than home depot or lowes and where other carvers get there wood from, lowes and home depot only sell white oak, poular and select pine I'm a hobbiest and would like other resources .

dltccf
11-29-2012, 10:58 AM
try searching for a local sawmill and searching your local craigslist for lumber.

dave

dltccf
11-29-2012, 11:00 AM
sometimes oak fencing boards are available if you have horse farms in your area.

WoodenWizard
11-29-2012, 12:05 PM
I'm wanting to purchase wood and wondering where to buy wood at other than home depot or lowes and where other carvers get there wood from, lowes and home depot only sell white oak, poular and select pine I'm a hobbiest and would like other resources .

I am fortunate to get my wood locally. The place I get my wood ships and sells on EBAY. They have excellent prices. Check them out to see if they have something you need. http://thewoodyard.com

Dave

eelamb
11-29-2012, 01:13 PM
Try looking at this post by another member who sells wood.
http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?21901-Need-lumber-I-might-have-it!

bjbethke
11-29-2012, 06:54 PM

How do you want to buy your wood, We had a Ice storm in Arkansaw in Jan 2009, I have lots of wood for sale - straght run type $1.00 TO $2.00 per BF -CUT WITH A BAND SAW MILL. rent a pick-up, I bet I can fill that that thing full - Walnut- Pine - Oak -Cedar-elm and a few others. The best wood may cost more.With your help I can plane them. I work MIN Wage. PM me for my e-mail address.

dehrlich
11-29-2012, 07:17 PM
How much to you have? And I wonder how far you are from me (middle of kansas). I can come with my truck and trailer :). I'm a wood hoarder. I have to arrange my shop around lumber storage LOL.

How do you want to buy your wood, We had a Ice storm in Arkansaw in Jan 2009, I have lots of wood for sale - straght run type $1.00 TO $2.00 per BF -CUT WITH A BAND SAW MILL. rent a pick-up, I bet I can fill that that thing full - Walnut- Pine - Oak -Cedar-elm and a few others. The best wood may cost more.With your help I can plane them. I work MIN Wage. PM me for my e-mail address.

eelamb
11-29-2012, 07:32 PM
Darren you are about 6 hours from BJB.

bjbethke
11-29-2012, 07:57 PM
How much to you have? And I wonder how far you are from me (middle of kansas). I can come with my truck and trailer :). I'm a wood hoarder. I have to arrange my shop around lumber storage LOL.

I have not cut most of the timber, that stuff is Pine or oak and hickory - The Ice storm Killed lots of my trees on This 10acre plot, Do you want fire wood? PM Me with an-e-mail. I have four stacks 4x4 by 8+ I don't want to sell all this lumber. PM me BJB