PDA

View Full Version : Replacing y belt

jerrbitt
11-25-2012, 07:00 PM
I'm getting ready to replace the Y belt. Ran into a problem as you can see by the attached photo. I presume you have to remove the two screw shown to be able to remove the old belt and clamp the new one in place. Unfortunately it appears that the two phillips swcrews are slighlty rounded that have to be removed to loosen the clamp. At least I presume the have to be removed.

Any ideas to help get the screws removed?

chief2007
11-25-2012, 07:16 PM
Try heating the screws with a blow dryer to loosen the loctite.

Just be careful around the wiring and the ffc cable

badbert
11-25-2012, 07:28 PM
First make sure you are using the "right size" phillips. Second use a soldering iron. Get it hot and hold it to the head of the screws for 30 seconds. Use the "right size" phillips to remove them.

henry1
11-25-2012, 07:37 PM
I'm getting ready to replace the Y belt. Ran into a problem as you can see by the attached photo. I presume you have to remove the two screw shown to be able to remove the old belt and clamp the new one in place. Unfortunately it appears that the two phillips swcrews are slighlty rounded that have to be removed to loosen the clamp. At least I presume the have to be removed.

Any ideas to help get the screws removed?
With a good philip screw diver they should come of I never had a problem //but I took the whole Z truck off,, you might be able to do it in the machine