PDA

View Full Version : At a loss over back roller stuck

bamaman315
11-25-2012, 04:44 PM
I have been getting this message and so I have removed the drive belts to make sure they were not rolled under, then I removed both upper roller and cleaned them up and blew any dust out of the area where they mount, I greesed the drive grears under cover after blowing all dust out of them. started the carve again and I keep getting back roller stuck message and if I keep hitting enter key it will carve a little and give me a message about the board being removed. am I missing something here? or could it be a electrical cable maybe 14 pin cable? would it give you all of these messages?
Thanks for any help that you can give.

eelamb
11-25-2012, 04:54 PM
When you lift up on the roller do you hear the clicking sound of the switch?

bamaman315
11-25-2012, 05:53 PM
yes and i used the 0 7 function and everything is working

Digitalwoodshop
11-25-2012, 06:32 PM
Just to review... The Stuck Roller Message is for the 2 Robber Rollers that hold down the board. Using the 0 7 function you load a board and crank down and they will say compressed.... Un crank and they will go Un compressed or Released...

In the Un Compressed State they rest on a metal plate held with 2 screws. What happens over time is that dust builds up on the plate when you blow dust around when the board is cranked down. Like Filo Dough it builds up in thin layers to the point that it acts as a spacer. This prevents the roller from resting on the plate and letting the micro switch fall into the slot. See Pictures....

The Roller Switches are important as when measuring a board when the roller comes un compressed, the machine knows to turn on the Board Sensor as the end of the board is within 3 inches of the sensor.

Use Extreme CARE when removing the Keyboard side of the machine to NOT damage the Keypad Cables.

The Switch may have dust in it too..?

Just had a Thought.... On another machine I was getting the Stuck Roller and what I found was one of the screws under the machine that went into the 4 smooth rails that the main head rides up and down on came loose.... It let the Smooth Rail and that corner of the machine LIFT.... Just something else to check...

AL

henry1
11-25-2012, 06:51 PM
I have been getting this message and so I have removed the drive belts to make sure they were not rolled under, then I removed both upper roller and cleaned them up and blew any dust out of the area where they mount, I greesed the drive grears under cover after blowing all dust out of them. started the carve again and I keep getting back roller stuck message and if I keep hitting enter key it will carve a little and give me a message about the board being removed. am I missing something here? or could it be a electrical cable maybe 14 pin cable? would it give you all of these messages?

Thanks for any help that you can give.
I had that problem , had to change the sensor switch and ok after that

bamaman315
11-25-2012, 07:13 PM
henry which switch are you talking about? Al I had removed both upper rollers and cleaned them , I will have to check that screw under neath tomorrow. Thanks for some fresh ideas

henry1
11-25-2012, 07:31 PM
the cencor swicht for front and back roller,, on the pad side, you need to get a new one I think they are about $8 dollars I ordered a couple of them that solve my problem it come with wire and all and your problem was same as mine I did check my censor and showed all ok ,,so i changed the 2 censor voila all ok now/ roller censor

bamaman315
11-26-2012, 05:00 PM
Up date on back roller stuck , I pulled both forward and rear rollers out and found what looked like a black paste on the roller ends which came from many hours of use (metal to metal contact)
I cleaned the gunk off which was sticky to the touch, reinstalled rollers and put machine back together and whoopie I am on my second carve with no back roller stuck error message. Only reason I am posting this is that I do not recall ever seeing this fix in the forum. good luck my fellow carvers.

fwharris
11-26-2012, 06:12 PM
Good job on finding this. I bet is the old grease and saw dust..

henry1
11-26-2012, 06:26 PM
Up date on back roller stuck , I pulled both forward and rear rollers out and found what looked like a black paste on the roller ends which came from many hours of use (metal to metal contact)
I cleaned the gunk off which was sticky to the touch, reinstalled rollers and put machine back together and whoopie I am on my second carve with no back roller stuck error message. Only reason I am posting this is that I do not recall ever seeing this fix in the forum. good luck my fellow carvers.
Glade you got got it going,, quest we all learn

Digitalwoodshop
11-27-2012, 12:19 PM
Good Job !!!!

AL

cestout
11-28-2012, 07:28 PM
When you use compressed air the clean your machine, keep it set to about 30lb. When you blow it out, from a distance clear the board sensor, blow off the rollers (dust sticks to them) then - you should have the head cranked way up - blow in the keyboard end of the rollers while wiggling them up and down. If you do this regularly and you should get a stuck roller, a short blast of air and wiggling it should clear it. That is my experience anyway.
Clint