PDA

View Full Version : Any expert sign makers want to help with a design?

dehrlich
11-24-2012, 04:23 PM
I'm trying to do a design for a sign for my wife's office. She manages a kitchen at a rest home. I haven't designed a sign before and i'm not really liking what I'm coming up with. Anybody want to help me? I'm attaching the file for the pattern I have been working on. I would appreciate any help!

cestout
11-24-2012, 04:41 PM
I would create a carved out rectangle about 1" in the edges if you have a router/router table or about 3/4" if you don't. Feather the edges or the rectangle 1/4" and flip the feather. Fit all your pieces in that area and un invert the text. Use a small draft on the text and select all the text and patterens and set carving to best. When the carve is com;peted, use your router to put a decorative detail around all the edges.Clint

dehrlich
11-24-2012, 07:41 PM

Ok how about this one? Only question is, I can't seem to make the fork pop out. I tried to adjust the height but it won't seem to change. What am I doing wrong?

SteveNelson46
11-24-2012, 08:23 PM
I left some blank space on this design so you could enhance it with some of your own patterns. When I tried to attach it to this message the Carvewright site wouldn't let me do it. The file size is probably to large. If you like it, PM me with your email address and I will send it to you.