PDA

View Full Version : Jewelry Boxes

olsenla
11-23-2012, 02:51 PM
Just thought I would show you all the final installment of jewelry boxes for my grown daughters. The boxes were made by glueing up blanks and then using the Carvewright to mostly cut out the inside. The blanks were 1 1/8th inches thick and I couldn't figure out how to cut that deep, so I went 3/4 inch deep and finished the rest of the way with a scroll saw. The insides were flocked and the outside was finished with shellac sanding sealer and a couple of coats of satin wipe-on poly. The carvings on the inside of the lids reflect interests they have. Amanda loves all things French, hence the Fluer de Lis. Chay loves southern California and tropical islands. She gets the palm trees. Hope the enjoy them.

Thanks for looking,
Larry

chief2007
11-23-2012, 02:53 PM
Those turned our really beautiful. Your daughters are going to love them.

b.sumner47
11-23-2012, 03:19 PM
You really did a beautiful job, I'm sure your daughters will be surprised and cherrish them for a lifetime. Great Job Dad !

Capt Barry

ladjr
11-23-2012, 05:26 PM
Great job, I know your daughters will love them. I made one for my Grandaughter. Question did you spray the felt on. I have been looking at them, but wasn't sure how they would turn out.