PDA

View Full Version : warranty for my machine using Visa

menewfy
02-01-2007, 07:46 AM
I bought my machine with my Visa does anyone know if this will work for the 2nd year or til 400 hours?

do you know if they will pick up the shipping costs?

has anyone used thier warranty for anything electronic before

any information on this would be appreciated before I call them.

tim

HandTurnedMaple
02-01-2007, 09:46 AM
Is there something special with Visa that I don't know about? I used Discover, hope I didn't trade miles for warranty.

HighTechOkie
02-01-2007, 10:57 AM
You will have to read the policy for your specific card issuer. I know my AmEx has a limit of $1,000 per incident with a max of $1,000 per year.

Ended up buying my machine on Sears charge to take advantage of their deferred interest financing, so no coverage here.

Rob

menewfy
02-01-2007, 12:32 PM
well my bro in law signed up for the same card i have yesterday and he told me about the warranty that it added one year onto it because i used the visa to buy it.

i am going to call and see this would be a nice bonus especially if they pay for shipping LOL

tim

menewfy
02-01-2007, 01:01 PM
ok so i spoke with the warranty dept of visa and this is what i found out ( in the very first conversation as a matter of fact )

if you sed your visa for the purchase (assuming your visa or maybe even MC has this as an option I have a dividend card) it will automatically at no cost double your manufacture warranty.

So for this item it would be 2 years or 400 hours and they have the same coverage as the original. so I still have to pay for the shipping but you kind folks in the states won't.

hope you all used your visa I am glad I did now I won't bother trying to get in on the sears law suit. :lol:

good luck

Autodoc
02-01-2007, 01:08 PM
Thanks for the info - I will be using my VISA when I wrder mine -- and as an added bonus I get lots of Disney points!!!