PDA

View Full Version : Bit trying to cut through sandpaper

lex227
02-01-2007, 01:51 AM
The fist time I tried to use the cutting bit, it cut properly but then continued going deeper trying to cut through the sandpaper.

Do I need to use a substrate under the board to protect the sandpaper or is there a software adjustment I missed?

Kurtsara
02-01-2007, 04:43 AM
The fist time I tried to use the cutting bit, it cut properly but then continued going deeper trying to cut through the sandpaper.

Do I need to use a substrate under the board to protect the sandpaper or is there a software adjustment I missed?

The bits go straight up and down, look at the sandpaper, there is a gap between the two piece that the bit goes into when you cut all the way through a board

lex227
02-01-2007, 09:01 AM
Thanks for the response, however I am not sure what you mean. What do I do to avoid the problem?

Aaron B
02-01-2007, 09:21 AM
The bit rides in a channel in the bottom of the machine, the bit never gets close to the sand paper belts. I assume thats the sand paper you are referring to? when the bit makes it through the wood its in the channel at that point and isn't hitting anything.

HandTurnedMaple
02-01-2007, 09:57 AM
Are you saying it actually cut the belt, or are you worried it might do so in the future? I think there is a little confusion here as to what has occured.

lex227
02-01-2007, 01:29 PM
I thought it actually hit the belt. I turned the machine off immediately, before, I assumed that it could do ant damage. The work piece it was cutting was knocked askew and caused a lot of no normal noise..

yes, I am concerned that it will hit in the future. But if the answer is that I am just paranoid and that it is not possible, I like that answer.

HandTurnedMaple
02-01-2007, 01:36 PM
Then you are in luck. All cutting is done above the gap between the belts. The only way it can hit the belt is if the belt comes loose or the Z-truck jumps ship, and then a hole in the belt is the least of your problems. :shock: