PDA

View Full Version : CNC Model Club

eelamb
11-19-2012, 05:01 PM
2 new shared patterns have been added to http://www.cncmodelclub.com
These are the star by Alan, and dog treat by Chief2007.
Plus
A new tutorial by Alan has been added.

easybuilt
11-20-2012, 01:17 AM
Love the dog prints on the dog bone Chief2007, thanks for sharing your creativity!

chief2007
11-20-2012, 10:20 AM
Love the dog prints on the dog bone Chief2007, thanks for sharing your creativity!

The one with the paws prints isn't mine, lol, I contributed the "dog treat" - but thanks anyway.....

eelamb
11-25-2012, 05:05 PM
New patterns added to the http://www.cncmodelclub.com website. All were created in Oct 2010 using Silo3d and shared here at that time.

eelamb
11-14-2014, 03:49 PM
The website cncmodelclub.com will be going away soon. If you want something from it do it now. No new subscriptions are being approved, sorry.

blhutchens
11-14-2014, 03:56 PM
Apparently they haven't been being approved for a while…………….

eelamb
11-14-2014, 05:18 PM
This is true, I was gone for awhile and when I got back, had well over 1000 to approve, with only about 1% being real people. I had to go through them one at a time to decide which ones were real, so I gave up. Spammers took over the request for access. I do not own the site only maintained the user list.

jpaluck
11-14-2014, 07:02 PM
I have been too busy on the day job to keep up with the sign ups. I offered the site to a couple people so waiting on the first one to take me up on it. It's a wordpress platform and needs self hosting. It ranks well with google and yahoo...was kind of a fun experiment to build and play with seo but unfortunatly I have no time to watch the registrations and keep adding content

dehrlich
11-15-2014, 04:37 PM
Well if we can't join, but you need to be a member to get anything, then it seems kind of pointless for those of us not already a member or something... right? Can certainly understand wanting to give it up though if so much spam. Hope someone can take it over, lots of good stuff there.

CW-HAL9000
11-15-2014, 05:13 PM
I tried to join months and months ago and just figured I was denied or blackballed or something. Oh well. looks like its going away anyway.

Brad Wardman
11-16-2014, 10:17 AM
I would sure like the patterns to the "Man Cave Plaque" and the "Santa" head if someone has them.
Thanks
Brad
rbcarving@CenturyTel.net

henry1
11-16-2014, 10:27 AM
I would sure like the patterns to the "Man Cave Plaque" and the "Santa" head if someone has them.
Thanks
Brad
rbcarving@CenturyTel.net
It on it way to you enjoy it

eelamb
11-16-2014, 10:48 AM
Henry and others those patterns are not to be posted here on the forum, and should only be shared by the creator. That was the restrictions on the site. Even though the site may be down you should ask the creator for the patterns.

easybuilt
11-16-2014, 11:22 AM
Eddie and the others, thank you so much for creating this site a few years ago. It was a great help to myself and so many. You do marvelous designs and I have grown because of you. As we should ALL remember no one should share patterns except the one's posted on the forum or contact the creators. Thanks Eddie!

henry1
11-16-2014, 01:29 PM
Henry and others those patterns are not to be posted here on the forum, and should only be shared by the creator. That was the restrictions on the site. Even though the site may be down you should ask the creator for the patterns.
Sorry about that did not relies the restriction it will not happen again just trying to help

henry1
11-16-2014, 04:11 PM
just check he never got it,, all is good now

zan29
11-16-2014, 04:27 PM
John offered me the site but haven't heard from him yet with my offer.

jpaluck
11-16-2014, 06:16 PM
Site is now down. I gave the site files ( the wordpress platform and framework) to a buddy who said they want to host it on their server. I had the site on VPS I no longer need hence the reason for killing it. The site makes no money and besides Eddie Allen and myself, no other contributions so I didn't feel like transfering to one of my other servers that charge for space. I gave the new person who is hosting permission to host the patterns I made with the site restrictions. I asked them to reach out to Eddie and Allen to get permission to use their files. The site was programmed so the authors of the patterns host their own pattern files and the download was members only and a scrambled link.

The site was started with a concept to have a place for people to share modeling info and techniques not just free patterns or aimed at just CW user's. There were a ton of sign up's from people with other machines but very little in the contributions of modeling.

Applogies to any legit people who tried to sign up here and couldn't. Eddie and I were manually overseeing the sign-ups and at one point were over run with fake registrations. For a free site it became too much time to manage. It was fun to build and was a fun experiment in seo.

eelamb
11-16-2014, 07:39 PM
Thanks John for your hard work on the site.
Henry I contacted Brad and offered him the pattern I made, he will need to contact John for the santa pattern.
For everyone else, most of the patterns belonged to Jpaluck, or myself, with a few belonging to Alan.
Mine will go away and will not be posted on the new site.

henry1
11-16-2014, 07:48 PM
Thanks John for your hard work on the site.
Henry I contacted Brad and offered him the pattern I made, he will need to contact John for the santa pattern.
For everyone else, most of the patterns belonged to Jpaluck, or myself, with a few belonging to Alan.
Mine will go away and will not be posted on the new site.
I am sorry to see it go , thank you john and Eddie for sharing

CNC Carver
11-16-2014, 08:31 PM
Thanks for hosting this site. Sorry that you are letting it go but understand that it was hard work with very little return.

dehrlich
11-17-2014, 06:50 AM
I can certainly understand the time required. I am in the process of completely re-writing my website and it is such a pain! If I knew what I was doing it might help LOL. I would be interested to know how you did the seo if someone would share. Thanks for your time!!

zan29
11-17-2014, 04:39 PM
This could help Ed!
http://youtu.be/rrRaxpNXjA8