PDA

View Full Version : board sensor

bamaman315
11-18-2012, 03:23 PM
This is the first time i have come across this problem or so i think. I keep getting clear board sensor message but when I use function 0 then 7 to check system the board sensor reads , any ideas?

chief2007
11-18-2012, 03:28 PM
Are you carving a dark color wood?

bamaman315
11-18-2012, 03:59 PM
nope regular pine

bamaman315
11-18-2012, 04:00 PM
and I did try the tape trick still same error

AskBud
11-18-2012, 04:37 PM
and I did try the tape trick still same errorTry a different board and alter your light source/direction. See what results you get.
AskBud

Digitalwoodshop
11-18-2012, 07:02 PM
Remember the test is to put a piece of white copy paper on the board and crank it down. The reading should be about 156 for a perfect reading.... 90 is usually a dirty lens either inside or outside.

The paper makes for a Standard... My paper is the same as your paper... Boards not so much... :-P

AND.... The FSC Cable has the Board Sensor Signal on it... So a BAD FSC Cable can cause this.... The Trick is to get the 156 reading THEN put your hand on the cable and FLEX it CAREFULLY and SLOWLEY... IF the cable has a broken Wire it will show up...

AL

eastcutty
12-05-2012, 11:07 PM
Remember the test is to put a piece of white copy paper on the board and crank it down. The reading should be about 156 for a perfect reading.... 90 is usually a dirty lens either inside or outside.

The paper makes for a Standard... My paper is the same as your paper... Boards not so much... :-P

AND.... The FSC Cable has the Board Sensor Signal on it... So a BAD FSC Cable can cause this.... The Trick is to get the 156 reading THEN put your hand on the cable and FLEX it CAREFULLY and SLOWLEY... IF the cable has a broken Wire it will show up...

AL

Which strand in the cable carries the sensor signal?
On my machine, I have never gotten anything over a 70 in all the times I've checked the sensor readings. I was still able to get it to work, with tape and paper masking, but now just getting zeroes on sensor check.