PDA

View Full Version : Z Axis Stall E06-0313

jerrbitt
11-17-2012, 04:21 PM
I know there are many messages posted about this problem and checked the carvewright troubleshooting material, but so far I have not found anything that seems to be of help to me.

I've got a board 11" wide and the design requires a V bit, then a 3/8" router bit, then the cutting bit. After I insert the bit, the machine moves to the bit plate and it comes out and the bit touches. Then it goes back to the keyboard side and the message is FINDING BOARD THICKNESS (which is 3/4") then it moves to the right side to the sliding plate goes down once comes up and then moves slightly and touches the sliding plate and the error message appears.

I cut this same pattern yestereday and everything seemed to work fine.

Got 13 of these clock patterns to carve for Christmas and I sure hope my problem does not require a major repair.

As always appreciatge all suggestions from the Carvewright masters.

fwharris
11-17-2012, 04:58 PM
What bit are you getting the stall message on? If it is the 1/8" cutting bit check to see if you have a hole in the plate of the brass tracking roller on the key board side. This is where the bit touches down off of the board on the key board side then touches the board surface. If you do have a hole in it glue on a thin metal piece or a dime..

jerrbitt
11-17-2012, 05:27 PM
Of all things, I cleaned everything and then because you mentioned about the possibiolity about a hole in the plate next to the roller, I loooked and sure as heck there it was. Placed a dime there and the machine did its thing and started carving and yes the stall message occured during the calibration of a cutting bit.

I haven't glued it in but you say I should. Guess I could stop the machine and do that or should I let it continue this carve -- which will take about two hours.

Thank you again.

Jerry

fwharris
11-17-2012, 05:38 PM
Jerry,

You should be good to go with this carve but make sure you have the dime on it when it calls for the cutting bit for the cut out part of the carve. Then when done get the dime or thin metal shim glued on...

Digitalwoodshop
11-17-2012, 07:35 PM
This fault has sometimes been caused by the Bit as in the 1/8th inch bit being installed slightly too long...? Using a ROCK? CT? or QC?

ALSO try the dime trick on the RIGHT Side Guide... Not the Hole but the touch point.

AL

cestout
11-18-2012, 02:39 PM
Does the Z truck move freely with the power off. I have had problems with both Y and Z errors that I fixed by freeing stuck rollers. Now I WD40 them on a routine basis. I don't get the failures and my Y gear bearings seem to last longer.
Clint

cnsranch
11-19-2012, 12:44 PM
I fought the exact same error yesterday, but was using a sled. The sled is a full 14"w x 36" long, and the board was much narrower, so the cutting bit had to find the depth of the board. When it would go to find the depth by finding the sliding plate, it would bang on the sled a couple of times and then show the error. Having done the same project a number of times, I was lost. Normally it would touch the sled, and ask if the sliding plate was in the correct position - I'd answer yes, machine would ask for board thickness, and off it would go. After many searches, there was a suggestion that the machine expects to find the thickness within a certain distance from the rollers. My sled "ends" were 3/4", and the board to be carved in between them was closer to .625". After switching out the sled ends to more closely match the thickness of the board, all was well.

Once again, operator error, but sometimes it's tough to figure out on a Sunday afternoon!

Don1
01-07-2013, 03:34 PM
Z Axis Stall E06-303
Note EXACTLY what is happening when the error message occurs. E06 means that the truck (X & Y axis) is not able to reach the full travel parameters. In this case there was a small pocket of sawdust that had accumulated on the extreme left part of the machine Y tract. Possibly a bit of oil from clutch lubrication had gotten there and accumulated the dust. Either way. Dust pocket removed with ear swab and the message went away.