PDA

View Full Version : Close Cover error message

Brucker
01-31-2007, 08:14 PM
I just received my machine yesterday and after finally figuring out how to get my graphic the right size, Now I receive a close cover and press enter to restart error message. It will start, make one pass and then the message pops up and machine quits. Please help!!!

Jeff_Birt
01-31-2007, 08:31 PM
There have been reports of the cover switch plug coming loose. If you stand on the left side of the machine and look through the slots towards the machines front you can make out a circuit board. You can reach in through the opening where the board goes and up slightly and get your hand in ther to make sure the plug on the bottom right is secure. If I have confused the heck out of you give CW a call, I'm sure they can get you going.

pontiak
01-31-2007, 09:58 PM
I'm no expert on this machine. But I had that too. I pushed the cover down .By the cover switch. And it cleared the code. My cover switch must have stuck .Good luck. Mike.

BobHill
02-01-2007, 09:30 AM
Has anyone tried a blast of air and perhaps a tad of non oily silicon electronic spray on these door switches that seem to be not working properly?

Bob

moofrank
02-02-2007, 09:33 AM
I did try a blast of air on mine. Mine behaved slightly oddly, as it would be triggered by the router motor vibration. Hopefully, LHR is sending me a new cover someday soon, as I think the switch is faulty.

Moo,
Frank

The Bard
02-02-2007, 01:07 PM
also, if you remove the cover

http://www.carvewright.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1294

and flip it over, there are plastic brackets with two screws holding the cover pins in place.

We have had some of them go out with these screws loose. Tightening them often solves the problem.

but I'm no expert.

fireng2
02-05-2007, 08:45 PM
I had the close cover error on my machine. I had to tape it down for it to con tinue cutting. My cover appears slightly warped.