PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading Designer

James RS
11-10-2012, 07:14 PM
Ok how do I back up my files I have in Designer so as not to lose them.
I've read some people lost there favorites after upgrading, I just purchased a file but cannot
open it due to it being written on the current version

Thanks,
James R

fwharris
11-10-2012, 07:36 PM
James,

Just do a copy of your favorite file to another location on your computer C:\Users\Owner\CarveWright should be the location for the file.

James RS
11-10-2012, 07:54 PM
Hello,
I got that now, but I have a new problem. I downloaded the update for windows xp and installed it.
Now I cannot open designer at all

CW-HAL9000
11-10-2012, 09:08 PM
I just had to reformat my hard drive and reinstall everything I downloaded designer but now I cannot activate. The link is not working on the carvewright website. It will not activate from with in designer either. I hope it is not dead all weekend. It sure seems like not enough testing was done before the new website was put up.

lynnfrwd
11-10-2012, 09:14 PM
Link from designer to website doesn't work until our next update. Go to www.carvewright.com/update or bottom left link on website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CW-HAL9000
11-10-2012, 09:30 PM
Thank you but I was able to download it from the link you gave but I can't activate it because the activation link will not work. I cannot even login to my account Because the login link is bad also.

lynnfrwd
11-10-2012, 11:26 PM
Same reason. Go to www.carvewright.com. Bottom left to Customer Login.

CW-HAL9000
11-11-2012, 12:04 AM
Same reason. Go to www.carvewright.com. Bottom left to Customer Login.

Get "fatal error the developers have been notified" when u click on customer login

James RS
11-11-2012, 05:39 AM
I've uninstalled designer rebooted the computer and deleted the previous folder and re installed designer.
I get a license window for my Favorites. I clicked I do not need to license as already licensed. But still cannot open designer

EDIT: I went to my Control Panel and uninstalled the Carvewright Software rebooted.Then I reinstalled it and I still cannot open Designer
I am in serious need of getting this resolved. Any and All Help greatly appreciated.

lynnfrwd
11-11-2012, 07:51 AM
Go to www.carvewright.com
Go to bottom left Quick Links - customer login
How many computers are registered?

Will Designer not open? Or does it say you need to register?

What operating system is your computer?

lynnfrwd
11-11-2012, 07:55 AM
Never mind. I see they failure to Customer Login.

CW-HAL9000
11-11-2012, 08:46 AM
Is the carvewright office going to be open tomorrow, Monday?

lynnfrwd
11-11-2012, 09:00 AM
Yes. We will be open.

James RS
11-11-2012, 03:24 PM
Sorry, I've been outside all day. I am running windows XP Designer was registered along with DXF,STL,Centerline.
The only reason I tried to update was I purchased the Urn pattern from Eelamb and it was written in
the newer version. That's where I'm in a bind to get this resolved so as to carve that pattern.

Go to www.carvewright.com (http://www.carvewright.com)
Go to bottom left Quick Links - customer login
How many computers are registered?

Will Designer not open? Or does it say you need to register?

What operating system is your computer?

lynnfrwd
11-11-2012, 04:53 PM
Looks like it is working now.

James RS
11-11-2012, 05:15 PM
All set, it was my error. I didn't see the folder left with my Favorites in it.
A gentleman at CW helped me out, Thank You CW!

Jim

James RS
11-12-2012, 01:48 PM
Ok I have Designer running, but it has crashed about 5 times, I tried using the STL importer and crash, DXF importer Crash.
I did not have any problem on my previous version

CW-HAL9000
11-12-2012, 05:26 PM
Late Sunday the links started working on the website so I was able to get my license thank you Lynn for your help.

fwharris
11-12-2012, 05:51 PM
Ok I have Designer running, but it has crashed about 5 times, I tried using the STL importer and crash, DXF importer Crash.
I did not have any problem on my previous version

James,

Take a look at the size of your favorites file. It might need to be reduces. If to large it will bog down designer..

James RS
11-12-2012, 06:15 PM
That took care of it, Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

James,

Take a look at the size of your favorites file. It might need to be reduces. If to large it will bog down designer..

fwharris
11-12-2012, 06:49 PM
That took care of it, Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

James,

Sure glad that was it! GET TO CARVING NOW!!