PDA

View Full Version : BMW Logo sign

tcmia
11-09-2012, 10:28 AM
Hello. I am new to this site. I just purchased a used CC last weekend. I had to rebuild the spindle due to bearing problems. While waiting for the parts, I made this BMW sign for my sister. The outlide letters are a little fuzzy, but that's maybe due to the soft pine I used. The only other issue I had was that the final cut-out was not completely round. I had to fix it on the sander. Next project will probably be the dust collecor.

Bigtyme
11-09-2012, 10:39 AM
Welcome to the forum, tcmia. You did a nice job with your sign. You are probably right that the choice of pine could have caused some of the fuzzys, also the carve type chosen such as best or normal or optimal could also contribute. I would suggest when you get a chance to read as many of the "tips and tricks" newsletters that you can. They are located on the Carvewright website and are very informative. Being a part of this Forum is also a great asset. There are many super folks on this forum and they are always ready to help in any way they can. Best of luck as you continue working with your Carvewright.... Let us see more of your work as you create things.

tcmia
11-09-2012, 10:44 AM
Thanks for your kind words. I am reading a lot and have found many answeres to some of my obstacles. This is definately a great place to study and learn form the masters.

chief2007
11-09-2012, 11:41 AM
Great to see you on the forum, put some masking tape on the bottom side on the board nearest the brass roller, sounds like the board might have slip alittle when doing the cut out, also as setting the bit optimization to best and then as suggested in the other post to change the carving to best or optimal.

Thanks for sharing your carving, look forward to seeing more.

Th forum is a great place for help and ideas.

badbert
11-09-2012, 05:05 PM
Welcome! Along with what every one else said... The pattern itself can have a lot to do with the quality of the carve. Starting with the picture you used to make the pattern. I prep my photos in Photoshop. I have a de-noise filter. And I always blur the image a little. If you would like some help, feel free to post the next pic you want to use, and If I don't get to it, someone else will jump in and give it a shot! Keep up the good work! And keep posting your work! We all love to see fresh ideas!

tcmia
11-10-2012, 09:22 AM
Thanks for the tips. I changed the quality and tried this door sign. Still in pine but came out much nicer.

eelamb
11-10-2012, 11:54 AM
That turned out great.

chief2007
11-10-2012, 12:51 PM
Agree - great job!

b.sumner47
11-10-2012, 02:03 PM
Wow, that came out really nice. Thanks for sharing .

Capt Barry

Bigtyme
11-10-2012, 04:57 PM
Very nice carve....great job...

henry1
11-10-2012, 05:29 PM
very nice keep it up

SharonB
11-11-2012, 12:25 AM
Your Ana's plaque came out very nice. Hope you post it again when you get it finished.